chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My computer is becoming autoimmune! filter_list
Author
RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #21
(11-18-2014, 02:52 PM)Eclipse Wrote: Lel! Wink

Although I agree, MSE is actually alright...

No there isn't.

Why would you want to run it alongside another? Give it a try for a week, then do what you want.

(Generally you should only have one AV on your system.)

Great ^^
Alright Tongue

Well, I'm not confident enough with MS to trust it Wink I have, just curious Tongue

Any opinions on Symantec?
[Image: R5aCcWV.png]

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #22
(11-18-2014, 03:20 PM)Cressi Wrote: Any opinions on Symantec?

None.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #23
(11-18-2014, 02:44 PM)Cressi Wrote: I use my 'main' computer with a variety of UNIX variants, but I need Windows for things like graphics, photography and school work ^^
When I used Windows I had Malwarebyte with ESET or Avast (maybe MSE would be good too)

Or you could SE Macbook?

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #24
(11-18-2014, 03:53 PM)Superstar Wrote: When I used Windows I had Malwarebyte with ESET or Avast (maybe MSE would be good too)

Or you could SE Macbook?

Nice Tongue

Hah, if only I wanted an Apple Tongue

"Give a man an apple and he will eat for the day. Throw an apple at a man, and he will forever be remembered for discovering gravity."

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #25
ESET is surprisingly decent. I'd go with that if I were you OP!

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #26
(11-18-2014, 06:47 PM)Eons Wrote: ESET is surprisingly decent. I'd go with that if I were you OP!

Trying out MSE for now, but I'll try ESET next week, thanks ^^

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #27
Damn, that sucks.

I only use Malwarebytes Anti-malware and add all the programs/applications to EMET. I haven't had a problem for awhile so maybe doing this may work out for you?

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #28
(11-18-2014, 03:20 PM)Cressi Wrote: Great ^^
Alright Tongue

Well, I'm not confident enough with MS to trust it Wink I have, just curious Tongue

Any opinions on Symantec?

Symantec was good back around 2007, but now they are pretty crappy. There are even rumors that they might be stopping their anti-virus soon.
Please do not hate me. I am an insane sadist, I hate humans by default, but I try to be nice. I am new to computers and programming.

Why do you people hate me when all I do is try to help? Just because you do not understand me does not mean you should hate me.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #29
(11-19-2014, 04:52 AM)ShawnReynolds Wrote: Symantec was good back around 2007, but now they are pretty crappy. There are even rumors that they might be stopping their anti-virus soon.

Symantec/Norton back in 2007 was absolutely terrible. Consistently caused issues with systems, broke things, killed internet connections, and otherwise was a cunt. The Norton Software Removal Tool was a regularly used utility in my gear set. They finally got their shit together in about 2011/2012. The most recent stuff I worked on for a client of mine still seemed ok, but they have the Norton 360 suite and it's far too much. If you go with Norton, stick with the antivirus/antimalware tools, not the Internet Security or 360.
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #30
(11-19-2014, 04:49 AM)Asura Wrote: Damn, that sucks.

I only use Malwarebytes Anti-malware and add all the programs/applications to EMET. I haven't had a problem for awhile so maybe doing this may work out for you?

Interesting, that might just work ^^ Thanks a bunch ^^

(11-19-2014, 04:52 AM)ShawnReynolds Wrote: Symantec was good back around 2007, but now they are pretty crappy. There are even rumors that they might be stopping their anti-virus soon.

Yeah, I figured; thanks ^^ Noo, why would they want that? Sad

(11-19-2014, 04:58 AM)roger_smith Wrote: <negative snip>

Sounds like you're not a fan, then Tongue