chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My computer is becoming autoimmune! filter_list
Author
RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #11
(11-17-2014, 10:54 PM)Cressi Wrote: Aaw, thanks ^.^ I'd Skype with you right now if I, well, had Skype installed...
PM if you're online tomorrow or so ^^

Of course! We'll sort skyping out eventually... same with you, @Losi dearest <3
It was nice knowing you all <3

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #12
(11-17-2014, 10:41 PM)Cressi Wrote: You don't? I don't either on my Linux system, but Windows without AV is like a house without...locks Tongue

It's getting back on track ever so slowly, but I'm mostly disturbed because I had Adobe software for around £500 plus CC...

not really. as long as you aren't a retard you probably won't be infected.
that being said "what about malicious websites"
view-source is an option
so is sandboxing your browser.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #13
(11-17-2014, 11:23 PM)Cake Wrote: not really. as long as you aren't a retard you probably won't be infected.
that being said "what about malicious websites"
view-source is an option
so is sandboxing your browser.

Fair enough, and point definitely made ^^

I've used Sandboxes for as long as I've owned a computer, and it truly is a great way to keep safe and secure ^^
[Image: R5aCcWV.png]

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #14
(11-17-2014, 10:41 PM)Cressi Wrote: You don't? I don't either on my Linux system, but Windows without AV is like a house without...locks Tongue

It's getting back on track ever so slowly, but I'm mostly disturbed because I had Adobe software for around £500 plus CC...

Meh not worth the performance drop that most AV give you. There some good torrents of cs6 of photoshop if that is what you lost.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #15
@Cressi if you're still struggling with system damage you could try a system restore and roll it back to a previous point, prior to AVG's shit storm.
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #16
AVG is terrible (bonus feature: hijacks browsers!), get Malwarebytes instead.

(11-18-2014, 02:33 AM)roger_smith Wrote: @Cressi if you're still struggling with system damage you could try a system restore and roll it back to a previous point, prior to AVG's shit storm.

Vouch; I would suggest system restore also.
[Image: lO8j80T.gif]

there's never not not nuttin

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #17

Wait, you paid for it? Me disappoint.

(11-18-2014, 02:33 AM)roger_smith Wrote: @Cressi if you're still struggling with system damage you could try a system restore and roll it back to a previous point, prior to AVG's shit storm.

I think she's reinstalled Windows so restore points would've been removed. Anyway, a fresh start is sometimes good.

OT: @Cressi, I'd say go for Microsoft Security Essentials if you're sticking with Windows. It's not annoying and when it does remove something, it let's you know. It even submits if you choose to allow it.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #18
Cressi Wrote:EDIT: On further thought, I guess Windows is malware Tongue

Yes, That is right. I suggest using Ubuntu and you'll be ok.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #19
(11-17-2014, 11:46 PM)Alex Wrote: Meh not worth the performance drop that most AV give you. There some good torrents of cs6 of photoshop if that is what you lost.

Touché Tongue Yeah, but I had, you know, paid for it and all; but it's getting sorted out ^^

Thanks for the tip, and I did consider that. You'll palm your head to pieces now, but I did a refresh first, and it deleted all of my restore points...

(11-18-2014, 09:16 AM)Saikou Wrote: AVG is terrible (bonus feature: hijacks browsers!), get Malwarebytes instead.

Hmm, I've never used it properly, so maybe ^^

(11-18-2014, 02:35 PM)Eclipse Wrote: Wait, you paid for it? Me disappoint.

I think she's reinstalled Windows so restore points would've been removed. Anyway, a fresh start is sometimes good.

OT: @Cressi, I'd say go for Microsoft Security Essentials if you're sticking with Windows. It's not annoying and when it does remove something, it let's you know. It even submits if you choose to allow it.

Hah, I did indeed Tongue
Yeah, I did that... Sometimes, but I like to have them when I'm expecting them Wink

Hmm, that's good enough? I've always considered anything originally by Microsoft to be lousy, but I'll give it a try ^^

Is there a paid version for it?
...and can it be run parallel with another AV?

(11-18-2014, 02:43 PM)Superstar Wrote: Yes, That is right. I suggest using Ubuntu and you'll be ok.

I use my 'main' computer with a variety of UNIX variants, but I need Windows for things like graphics, photography and school work ^^
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 02:46 PM by Cressi.)
[Image: R5aCcWV.png]

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #20
(11-18-2014, 02:44 PM)Cressi Wrote: Hah, I did indeed Tongue
Yeah, I did that... Sometimes, but I like to have them when I'm expecting them Wink

Hmm, that's good enough? I've always considered anything originally by Microsoft to be lousy, but I'll give it a try ^^

Is there a paid version for it?
...and can it be run parallel with another AV?

Lel! Wink

Although I agree, MSE is actually alright...

No there isn't.

Why would you want to run it alongside another? Give it a try for a week, then do what you want.

(Generally you should only have one AV on your system.)