chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Having problems with Captchas? We're working on it. Type in "V1 shutdown" or anything else to bypass them.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list privacy based laptops, computers - discussion
Author
privacy based laptops, computers - discussion #1
In the past few year I've noticed a small but visible raise in open source hardware and PC builds.

Recently I came across this company - https://puri.sm/ and I'm amazed by what they do. I'd like to discuss custom PC builds, from the BIOS up to OS through internals like network cards, CPU (Intel ME) and so on.

So come on, what do you think about the project? Do you have puri.sm laptop? If so, share your feedback!

... ... ..

RE: privacy based laptops, computers - discussion #2
"Core i7 6500U (Skylake)" this is a problem because Intel ME
[Image: 9H83e18.png]

RE: privacy based laptops, computers - discussion #3
On these grounds, I've moved this thread to the Hardware & Customization forum:
(04-15-2018, 06:05 PM)Sun0228 Wrote: I'd like to discuss custom PC builds, from the BIOS up to OS through internals like network cards, CPU (Intel ME) and so on.

At this stage and without prior research & testing, I cannot provide my thoughts for the following reasons:
Quote:We offer high-quality privacy, security, and freedom focused computers and software.

This tells me absolutely nothing about the nature of security, nor It's usage and effectiveness.

Quote:PureOS comes with  (snip)— including the Tor browser, the Duck Duck Go search engine and HTTPS: Everywhere bundled into our official web browser, PureBrowser.

No big deal. Tor, Duck Duck Go and HTTPS Everywhere Is readily-available for anyone to utilize.

Quote:the best free/libre privacy and security software and apps for privacy “out of the box”

"Best" free? There Is no best- "better", but not best. Again, not descriptive on the caliber of security software and apps.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: privacy based laptops, computers - discussion #4
I have to agree with @mothered here that the description is pretty vague... If they are security/privacy oriented they should at least state somewhere why their high-priced phones are so good from a security standpoint, and not this basic stuff. You can use DuckDuckGo (not sure about HTTPSEverywhere) on every Android device, which makes it nothing special really. Also TOR can be used on a regular Android phone.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

[+] 1 user Likes Bish0pQ's post

RE: privacy based laptops, computers - discussion #5
I only looked over a small amount of specs, but this seems really cool. I like the pictures they have of them on the page, it seems really sleek.
#yellowheartsforsarah