chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

filter_list Who uses WinRar?
Author
I actually still use Winrar and have v5.61. Thanks for the warning!
When I see here how many people say that 7zip is better, I guess I should try that instead of updating winrar
Do more epic shit!

RE: Who uses WinRar? #12
Winrar has more features, 7-Z has better compression. I use Winrar because it stores creation timestamp not just modification.

RE: Who uses WinRar? #13
Thank you for the information, I have been using WinRar for ages and never bothered to update it.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

RE: Who uses WinRar? #14
(05-15-2019, 05:46 PM)Skryptec Wrote: I have been using WinRar for ages and never bothered to update it.

There's no point In updating It- functionality Is no different.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Who uses WinRar? #15
(05-16-2019, 06:23 AM)mothered Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 05:46 PM)Skryptec Wrote: I have been using WinRar for ages and never bothered to update it.

As OP says, there's an exploit on old versions of Winrar so you absolutely should update it. The exploit was a big one (and widely known too) so it's very important to update it regardless of no new functionality.

RE: Who uses WinRar? #16
(05-16-2019, 12:13 PM)Sartux Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 06:23 AM)mothered Wrote:

As OP says, there's an exploit on old versions of Winrar so you absolutely should update it. The exploit was a big one (and widely known too) so it's very important to update it regardless of no new functionality.

Perhaps I should've been more clear with my post.

I was referring to updating WinRAR In general- without any known vulnerabilities. It's useless doing so.

RE: Who uses WinRar? #17
Thanks for this tip! I use WinRar on different PCs, will change it Smile

RE: Who uses WinRar? #18
i used to use winrar, but i found 7zip better
"Another day, another burial"

RE: Who uses WinRar? #19
(05-16-2019, 12:27 PM)mothered Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:13 PM)Sartux Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 06:23 AM)mothered Wrote: There's no point In updating It- functionality Is no different.

I was referring to updating WinRAR In general- without any known vulnerabilities. It's useless doing so.

Indeed, I have a newer version of Winrar on my laptop and the only visual difference are the icons.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

RE: Who uses WinRar? #20
(05-18-2019, 11:53 AM)Skryptec Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:27 PM)mothered Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:13 PM)Sartux Wrote: As OP says, there's an exploit on old versions of Winrar so you absolutely should update it. The exploit was a big one (and widely known too) so it's very important to update it regardless of no new functionality.

Indeed, I have a newer version of Winrar on my laptop and the only visual difference are the icons.

I actually like the new appearance.

It's a somewhat significant change for the better.