chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paypal filter_list
Author
I had a question about paypal FF.
I have a few things I need to sell at home for not a huge price but a few hundred dollars, I've gotten offers from people who are willing to buy the items and also go first in the transaction. My question is, is it possible for me to get scammed even if its through friends and family? Is there a even safer way? and is FF even safe at all from people refunding there money back?

RE: Paypal #2
Quote:I've gotten offers from people who are willing to buy the items and also go first in the transaction. My question is, is it possible for me to get scammed even if its through friends and family?
Evidently, not If they're going first by depositing the funds Into your account.

Quote:and is FF even safe at all from people refunding there money back?
Payment by the buyer, can be reversed by way of a chargeback through (for example) their bank or credit card provider.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Paypal #3
(11-29-2019, 11:26 PM)azose Wrote: I had a question about paypal FF.
I have a few things I need to sell at home for not a huge price but a few hundred dollars, I've gotten offers from people who are willing to buy the items and also go first in the transaction. My question is, is it possible for me to get scammed even if its through friends and family? Is there a even safer way? and is FF even safe at all from people refunding there money back?

Honestly, FF is decent but I've been able to complain to PayPal and had them start a case on my behalf (for a FF payment) without even getting my bank involved. It's always risky business dealing with PP tbh.

[+] 1 user Likes Strait McCool's post

RE: Paypal #4
[quote='mothered' pid='914739' dateline='1575085730']
Quote:Payment by the buyer, can be reversed by way of a chargeback through (for example) their bank or credit card provider.

If the buyer charges back from their bank, does paypal lose the money or do I?

RE: Paypal #5
Friends and Family is safer, but won't protect you entirely from chargebacks. Many people refuse to accept Paypal outright because of this.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#6099
Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Paypal #6
(11-30-2019, 10:49 PM)azose Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 04:48 AM)mothered Wrote:
Quote:Payment by the buyer, can be reversed by way of a chargeback through (for example) their bank or credit card provider.

If the buyer charges back from their bank, does paypal lose the money or do I?
You do, typically. I've had one instance where PayPal ate the costs and credited my account the fund. Every other time I was in the negatives.

RE: Paypal #7
(12-01-2019, 12:32 AM)Strait McCool Wrote: You do, typically.  I've had one instance where PayPal ate the costs and credited my account the fund.  Every other time I was in the negatives.

(11-30-2019, 10:49 PM)azose Wrote: If the buyer charges back from their bank, does paypal lose the money or do I?

As stated above.

Predominantly, you will lose the funds.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Paypal #8
if you are selling them to friends and family, why not use cash?

RE: Paypal #9
(12-02-2019, 08:05 PM)froodle Wrote: if you are selling them to friends and family, why not use cash?

I believe the OP Is selling to random buyers.
Quote:I've gotten offers from people who are willing to buy the items and also go first in the transaction