chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Thread Closed 

filter_list pvnk's Staff Application
Author
Have you fulfilled the listed requirements?
I fulfilled most if not all of those requirements except for not having a history of rule breaking on this site.

Who are you, what do you do, and how did you find our site?
I'm a university student. I currently work in the Information Systems/Information Technology department at my university. One of the longest hobbies I've had is skateboarding and I've recently got back into it. Skate communities harbor one of the most unique and skilled individuals. Furthermore, I've been playing the electric guitar (or trying to) and hopefully can translate the expertise I have with the piano.

My first introduction to this site was probably a thread posted by our admin on LeakForums.

A little back story.
Our admin was banned for being a rule breaker on that site.  (But then again, so was I.)

Do you have previous moderating experience?

Absolutely. I have experience both online and offline for such experience.

At Google, I moderated the new trainees.

Required of that position would mainly be my effective communication to my higher ups and the ability to follow rules. (It's hard to believe, I'm aware.)

On HackForums, I was a moderator of a sub-forum. (I never got demoted either.)

What's the biggest thing you've learned since being on Sinisterly?

Learning how to interact with the community. One big social experiment if anything. I pushed my limits and undoubtedly some other people's limits to fully understand how people would react to my antics.  

Why would you like to be a staff member on Sinisterly?

I'm not sure, I feel like it might give me something to do. Never in my life have I had a  power trip so I want to make sure I can maintain that through all mediums! This would be a learning experience in itself. To be clear, I want to be able to mediate myself even when in a position of authority. (As to not abuse privileges or certain powers.)

I'm probably not going to bump this thread everyday or at all, to be perfectly honest.  

What would you gain from being a staff member?
Well, I accidentally answered that in the question above. Mainly for learning how to interact with other individuals and better serve the community in terms of being an irreplaceable asset for the forum.
What would the community gain from you being staff member?

I would hope that the community would be able to view me as a resourceful individual who knows his peers.

What's your favorite section on the site?
Mobile technology has always interested me so it always has a place in my heart regardless of which site it is.

If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?
Without a doubt, the Serious Discussion section.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2016, 07:04 AM by pvnk. Edit Reason: Saw the rest of the questions. )

RE: Primtive's Staff Application #2
Never knew that you were a Moderator at HF. What section did you moderate?
[Image: JchOGM.png]

RE: Primtive's Staff Application #3
(11-01-2016, 07:39 AM)Jimmy Wrote: Never knew that you were a Moderator at HF. What section did you moderate?

I moderated a sub-section in the Lounge. My account's closed now, unfortunately.

http://hackforumswiki.net/index.php/Grin

RE: Primtive's Staff Application #4
(11-01-2016, 08:21 AM)Primitive Wrote:
(11-01-2016, 07:39 AM)Jimmy Wrote: Never knew that you were a Moderator at HF. What section did you moderate?

I moderated a sub-section in the Lounge. My account's closed now, unfortunately.

That was you? I remember seeing you every now and then. You used to write stuff for the HF News I believe.
[Image: JchOGM.png]

RE: Primtive's Staff Application #5
Ey bruh u misspelled ur name in the title. Primitive for mod tho.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 04:59 PM by Losi.)

[+] 1 user Likes Losi-chan's post

RE: Primtive's Staff Application #6
(11-01-2016, 09:19 AM)Jimmy Wrote:
(11-01-2016, 08:21 AM)Primitive Wrote:

That was you? I remember seeing you every now and then. You used to write stuff for the HF News I believe.
Yes. I was also in some HFNT podcasts.

RE: Primtive's Staff Application #7
(11-01-2016, 04:59 PM)Losi Wrote: Ey bruh u misspelled ur name in the title. Primitive for mod tho.
thanks! I knew something was wrong

RE: Primitive's Staff Application #8
I'm not exactly sure how to feel about this..

[Image: thoughtful-oprah.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Customer-chan's post

RE: Primitive's Staff Application #9
You're not kind to other members, I don't believe you can do it.

Its my opinion and I know no one doesn't asked my opinion.

RE: Primitive's Staff Application #10
Say yes whoever would like to end this site.

[+] 1 user Likes someone's post