chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!

Windows Education filter_list
Author
My laptop came with Windows Home and I haven't bothered upgrading. The university I'm at is cheap as hell (good ranking, shit benefits for students usually), but I just realized we have Windows Education at our disposal if we want it. I never looked into it because I thought they just had Office 365. Is the switch worth it? Is it drastic difference? I really just use my laptop to watch movies sometimes and do my assignments on Microsoft tbh so I'm not one to need anything special.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 07:07 PM by Strait McCool.)

RE: Windows Education #2
Windows home? Like Windows 10 home edition? As long as you have 10, I wouldn't bother upgrading. If you have 7 or 8, I would go for it.
[Image: 6b08abb09fbb012f2fe600163e41dd5b]

RE: Windows Education #3
Quote: Is the switch worth it? Is it drastic difference?
Absolutely.

Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education editions all have their benefits over Windows 10 Home, and certainly worth the upgrade. For Instance, they all support Hyper-V (native VM), Group Policy Editor, Local Security Policy, BitLocker Drive Encryption, EFS (Encrypting File System) encryption and the list goes on. It's way beyond the scope of this post to list everything.

Go for It.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Windows Education #4
(12-21-2019, 02:52 AM)mothered Wrote:
Absolutely.

Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education editions all have their benefits over Windows 10 Home, and certainly worth the upgrade. For Instance, they all support Hyper-V (native VM), Group Policy Editor, Local Security Policy, BitLocker Drive Encryption, EFS (Encrypting File System) encryption and the list goes on. It's way beyond the scope of this post to list everything.

Go for It.

Honestly, I don't even know what most of those features are. I'll look into it. The EFS sounds cool though.

RE: Windows Education #5
(12-21-2019, 12:22 AM)retroplayer Wrote: Windows home? Like Windows 10 home edition? As long as you have 10, I wouldn't bother upgrading. If you have 7 or 8, I would go for it.

Yes exactly. I looked into it and found it's just a copy of the enterprise edition, but for the school setting.

RE: Windows Education #6
(12-22-2019, 02:39 PM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 02:52 AM)mothered Wrote:
Absolutely.

Go for It.

Honestly, I don't even know what most of those features are.  I'll look into it.  The EFS sounds cool though.

I've detailed many tutorials on my blog relative to those features and a lot more.

If you're Interested, simply click the "Website" button In my profile.

RE: Windows Education #7
(12-23-2019, 03:00 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 02:39 PM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 02:52 AM)mothered Wrote: Absolutely.

Go for It.

Honestly, I don't even know what most of those features are.  I'll look into it.  The EFS sounds cool though.

I've detailed many tutorials In my blog relative to those features and a lot more.

Now that's a helpful site, thanks!

RE: Windows Education #8
(12-23-2019, 04:44 AM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 03:00 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 02:39 PM)Strait McCool Wrote: Honestly, I don't even know what most of those features are.  I'll look into it.  The EFS sounds cool though.

I've detailed many tutorials In my blog relative to those features and a lot more.

You're very welcome. I'm glad you've found It useful.

I've personally written every tutorial, around 280 thus far since the blog was created In April of this year. If you see a given guide on another site, check the date- It'll definitely be after mine, hence plagiarized.

RE: Windows Education #9
(12-23-2019, 04:59 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 04:44 AM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 03:00 AM)mothered Wrote: I've detailed many tutorials In my blog relative to those features and a lot more.

I've personally written every tutorial, around 280 thus far since the blog was created In April of this year. If you see a given guide on another site, check the date- It'll definitely be after mine, hence plagiarized.
I forgot to ask. In terms of space, with all those features, will my pc slow down? Currently, it's still pretty fast so that is a concern for me even though I mostly just browse the internet.

RE: Windows Education #10
(12-25-2019, 09:11 PM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 04:59 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 04:44 AM)Strait McCool Wrote: Now that's a helpful site, thanks!

I forgot to ask.  In terms of space, with all those features, will my pc slow down?  Currently, it's still pretty fast so that is a concern for me even though I mostly just browse the internet.

The features are native to the said editions of Windows 10, so you will not experience any performance drop.

The only feature that requires a significant amount of Ram, Is "Hyper-V", namely when running simultaneous VMs. It does In fact chew quite a bit of memory. If you're planning to setup Hyper-V, I have documented In depth tutorials on my blog.