chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games?
Author
For some reason I like playing GS games a lot. That's all I can really say there just fun. I thought about it and wondered who else plays them. I feel like a lot of people play them, but at the same time there aren't many people at all. I enjoy AoC2, Victoria2, and HOI4.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook bitch." ~ Filthy Franku

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #2
I've only played Stellaris and Sengoku. Both were pretty alright, with Stellaris being the better of the two.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #3
I've tried Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, Sengoku and Hearts of Iron 3.

They all seemed like games I'd probably really enjoy and play.. IF I JUST FOR ONCE SAT DOWN AND TRIED TO JUST LEARN THE GOD DAMN GAME! Smile)
(This post was last modified: Today, 02:19 AM by q0xd.)
[Image: XErCa9Y.gif]

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #4
Not that it's overly complicated/complex like some of the games you listed but I love Civ 5. Civ 6 was a bit of a let down to me (Wonders taking a tile to themselves makes total sense realistically, but fuck it was an annoying mechanic coming from Civ 5) but on any given night I can open Civ 5 and pound out a 200-300 round game. Now that I'm talking about it, I might just actually do that tonight.

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #5
(Today, 02:18 AM)q0xd Wrote: I've tried Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, Sengoku and Hearts of Iron 3.

They all seemed like games I'd probably really enjoy and play.. IF I JUST FOR ONCE SAT DOWN AND TRIED TO JUST LEARN THE GOD DAMN GAME! Smile)

It takes me a few days to get the hang of any Grand Strategy, and it doesn't bother me. I'd play different ones but I don't have the time to. I do want to try Stellaris, it looks pretty fun.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook bitch." ~ Filthy Franku

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #6
(11 hours ago)Drako Wrote:
(Today, 02:18 AM)q0xd Wrote: I've tried Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, Sengoku and Hearts of Iron 3.

It takes me a few days to get the hang of any Grand Strategy, and it doesn't bother me. I'd play different ones but I don't have the time to. I do want to try Stellaris, it looks pretty fun.

Yeah and for me the problem is that I'll just give up and go play LoL after an hour of unsuccessful tries..
[Image: XErCa9Y.gif]

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #7
Aside from the Civ games back in the day (last one I played was Civ3) I do enjoy HOI4 although I haven't played it nearly as much as I should.
You can find me on Keybase
"Reach the state of ubiquity, and you will be in control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
[Image: 8y6vps.png]

RE: Who Plays Grand-Strategy Games? #8
Age of empires counts as grand strategy games?? Tongue