chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list What's your type speed?
Author
(05-15-2019, 01:45 PM)Johnngnky Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 12:25 PM)mothered Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 06:37 AM)q0xd Wrote: I do type fast but I make too many mistakes.

Same.

When you make errors, do you find It quicker to backspace and complete the entire word again, rather than placing your mouse and correcting It? I certainly do.

Regarding that question, both. When I realise the mistake right after the word, I backspace/ sometimes shift+control+left arrow(select the last word) and retype.
Or, If I realise it after the sentence/ realise it when i proofread my writing, I directly click to edit, however, I double click on it, to select the whole word.

Whilst I'm typing and notice the error there and then, It's a lot quicker for me to backspace and retype the word(s).

In terms of proofreading, I definitely agree with you.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: What's your type speed? #22
Quote:Mines 93 WPM (just checked now). I've always considered myself fairly quick at typing but want to see how I compare to other sinister users.

Sidenote : I actually don't have a W key on my laptop keyboard so I have to just push in the little metal plate (even the sticky thing has gone , probably a better word for that but yk).

It depends on how much fast you have to be.
For me - it can be even 100 ... if I know that I need to make it really fast (some jobs from CEO).

RE: What's your type speed? #23
(05-15-2019, 08:30 PM)Drako Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 05:55 PM)Skryptec Wrote: My typing speed is about 125 WPM, depending on what I am typing.

That was definitely after a lot of practice. By the way, if anyone wants to practice against other people try https://play.typeracer.com

Yes, this was indeed after quite some practice. I have also achieved this typing speed on a mechanical keyboard. I can't achieve it on my laptop.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]