chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list What is a defining point in your life
Author
RE: What is a defining point in your life #21
(08-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Wrizz Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 08:19 PM)Hoss Wrote: When I was 17 I made a handshake deal that reserved office space until my 18th birthday when I signed the lease and opened my business.

That's so cool! what type of business, how did/is it doing:

It started as IT and was strong for about 2 years, but I had some major bumps along the way. Currently I'm restructuring and decided how I want to proceed, this past May was the 4 year anniversary. It's turned more into a software company than an IT company at this point.

RE: What is a defining point in your life #22
(08-06-2018, 09:50 PM)mothered Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 06:16 PM)DareEviler Wrote: My mother died

I've experienced something very similar.

As such, the little things I used to stress over, are no longer part of the equation.
Family always comes first.

I guess that makes you and me (like they say) mamma's boys!
I hope you are doing fine.

RE: What is a defining point in your life #23
(08-07-2018, 01:11 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 06:16 PM)DareEviler Wrote: My mother died and my girlfriend and I broke up. Since then I've viewed life a little differently, namely not getting too emotional over things. Before that I was quite into monogamous relationships.

That's sad to hear, hope everything goes well.

All is well now thanks. I do at times miss my mother! Hence Norman.

RE: What is a defining point in your life #24
(08-10-2018, 06:52 PM)DareEviler Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 09:50 PM)mothered Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 06:16 PM)DareEviler Wrote: My mother died

I've experienced something very similar.

As such, the little things I used to stress over, are no longer part of the equation.

Thank you.

As expected, It was difficult at first but as they say, time heals all wounds,
Hope all Is well on your end too.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: What is a defining point in your life #25
(08-11-2018, 03:46 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 06:52 PM)DareEviler Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 09:50 PM)mothered Wrote: I've experienced something very similar.

Thank you.

Time will never be able to heal this wound buddy! Never.
Have a great weekend.

RE: What is a defining point in your life #26
(08-11-2018, 07:29 AM)DareEviler Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 03:46 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 06:52 PM)DareEviler Wrote: I guess that makes you and me (like they say) mamma's boys!

Thank you.

Time will never be able to heal this wound buddy! Never.
Have a great weekend.

You too.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: What is a defining point in your life #27
A few years ago, I was taught the basics of C programming and after the realization of knowing that I could utilize it to develop hacking tools, I finally leveled up from a script kiddie to an obsessed autodidact, absolutely bloodthirsty for knowledge in hacking. Now I have no life, sit at home all day every day and just learn. Pretty sad but awesome heh. Tongue

What is a defining point in your life #28
Defining moments in my life that had nothing - and yet everything - to do with my career and my mindset; how I operate in both my civilian and professional work:

1. Discovered iced coffee + how to make my own. This doesn't necessarily have to be the same thing for you - no two people have the same tastes. Find something: a hobby, a habit, anything to which you can "addict" yourself. You will go to this when you have free time, get bored, etc., instead of losing your mind.
2. Embraced that I would die eventually and that everything, to a certain extent, has the power to kill me. You're small and the universe doesn't revolve around you.
3. If you want to achieve your goals, set major and minor ones and act accordingly. Stick to those goals. Make this your religion. Don't stray from the path.
4. Get up and do things even when you're sick and don't want to, or you just feel too exhausted. Your mind and body will appreciate you immensely.
5. Drink a gallon of water a day. Seriously, drink it. You don't know how much you need it because you drink barely enough to sustain yourself, but when you drink a gallon or more per day, you'll notice the difference, and so will everybody else in your life.

These are only a few things in general. The thing I can say that has most changed my life is the thing I haven't found yet, and I'm okay with waiting for it. Your job is not a purpose in life as many here would believe that it gives them something to provide to the world. You are not your career just as much as you are not your hobbies.
[Image: xHfwAca.jpg]
xmpp: 5aca3357@dismail.de | PGP (Tor): 5aca3357@dismail.de | discord: sigma#8495

RE: What is a defining point in your life #29
i guess when i graduated high school. i went to a school i hated and failed all my classes on purposes to get kicked out but i didn't. i ended up failing 11th grade so my parents decided to change me from schools. i ended up graduating within 3 months and a year early from my original hs class.