chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!

What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) filter_list
Author
What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) #1
Is it any different from regular Mint? How so?
[Image: 6b08abb09fbb012f2fe600163e41dd5b]

RE: What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) #2
I'm very confident that @phyrrus9 will provide the answer with In depth details.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) #3
LMDE is basically an alternative version Linux Mint, pretending Ubuntu ceased development. Meaning it's Debian, with a bunch of Mint bloat. Would recommend going with plain Debian.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#6099
Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) #4
(12-27-2019, 11:10 AM)mothered Wrote: I'm very confident that @phyrrus9 will provide the answer with In depth details.

Unfortunately, I have no expertise in this realm. What Oni said is pretty much all I know.

Back in the day, Mint was basically Ubuntu with slightly less bloat, but more than Debian

Makes sense now that Ubuntu is like 99% garbage, Mint would make a more Ubuntu-like and a more Debian-like distro (but that's just a guess)

RE: What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) #5
(12-27-2019, 07:02 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 11:10 AM)mothered Wrote: I'm very confident that @phyrrus9 will provide the answer with In depth details.

Unfortunately, I have no expertise in this realm. What Oni said is pretty much all I know.

Back in the day, Mint was basically Ubuntu with slightly less bloat, but more than Debian

Makes sense now that Ubuntu is like 99% garbage, Mint would make a more Ubuntu-like and a more Debian-like distro (but that's just a guess)
Thanks. I am going to install it because I like the Cinnamon theme
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2019, 09:03 PM by retroplayer.)
[Image: 6b08abb09fbb012f2fe600163e41dd5b]

RE: What is Linux Mint Debian Edition like(AKA: LMDE) #6
(12-27-2019, 07:02 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

All good, It's not possible to know everything relative to computing.

When It comes to Linux-based requests for assistance, you're the first member that comes to mind.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]