chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Poll: Preferred editor
Atom
Sublime 2/3
Notepad++
Terminal (I'm not starting the vim vs. emacs argument)
Bog-standard notepad (for whatever reason)
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list What editor do you use?
Author
(08-09-2017, 07:18 AM)Ender Wrote: The command line is always the (best and) most flexible development environment.

Unless you are doing web design.

I'm writing my next site with Nano, challenge accepted Tongue

RE: What editor do you use? #22
(08-09-2017, 12:26 PM)Inori Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 07:18 AM)Ender Wrote: The command line is always the (best and) most flexible development environment.

I once had no internet and no nano... I wrote like a hundred lines of Python with echo, cat, and copy-pasting.
"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding."
- Leonardo da Vinci (supposedly)

[Image: kphlxb.jpg]

RE: What editor do you use? #23
(08-09-2017, 05:54 PM)Ender Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 12:26 PM)Inori Wrote:

I once had no internet and no nano... I wrote like a hundred lines of Python with echo, cat, and copy-pasting.

I've had to do shit like that before.....never again
Reverse Engineering Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
Language Parsing  Series | Inspiration

[+] 1 user Likes phyrrus9's post

RE: What editor do you use? #24
Notepad++ but I dont know much at all about coding
3rd impact 自我

[Image: 2NSMBmq.gif]

RE: What editor do you use? #25
I used Notepad++ but have switched to Atom and I'm enjoying it. It's especially nice with the script runner package. I also like the git/github integration.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 07:00 PM by God.)
"If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room."

RE: What editor do you use? #26
(08-09-2017, 07:00 PM)God Wrote: I used Notepad++ but have switched to Atom and I'm enjoying it. It's especially nice with the script runner package. I also like the git/github integration.

Are you enjoying the RAM consumption? I've heard that Atom is a huge memory hog.

RE: What editor do you use? #27
(08-09-2017, 07:34 PM)Ender Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 07:00 PM)God Wrote: I used Notepad++ but have switched to Atom and I'm enjoying it. It's especially nice with the script runner package. I also like the git/github integration.

Are you enjoying the RAM consumption? I've heard that Atom is a huge memory hog.

It's built with Electron, so at its base it's not much worse than Discord. But you're correct, the plugins add quite a bit to it's memory usage. I'm fairly sure it's still better than Sublime in that regard, though.

RE: What editor do you use? #28
(08-09-2017, 07:39 PM)Inori Wrote:

It's built with Electron, so at its base it's not much worse than Discord. But you're correct, the plugins add quite a bit to it's memory usage. I'm fairly sure it's still better than Sublime in that regard, though.

I've heard quite the opposite... But I haven't used it, so I'm not sure.

RE: What editor do you use? #29

Wasn't aware of it. I mostly code on my other laptop with 16GB ram so it's not really an issue for me.
"If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room."

[+] 1 user Likes God's post

RE: What editor do you use? #30
I won't say I use it everyday but I'm more familiar with Notepad++ and Terminal because of college.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 11:57 PM by Asura.)