chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list VPN SERVICE
Author
(03-13-2018, 09:50 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:15 PM)x n Wrote: If you're looking for something that you can do illegal shit on and doesn't collect logs (or at least purges them very frequently) then Mullvad is the best VPN by a mile, not to mention it's cheap (about $6 per month). If you want speed then PIA.

Rule #1: don't ever trust something you don't control.
They may say they don't keep logs, but in all liklihood they do.

I’m 100% aware of this, I wasn’t born yesterday like you seem to think I was. The only reason I trust Mullvad is because of how often I and many of my “friends” have gotten away with slightly less-than-legal activities while using that VPN.

RE: VPN SERVICE #22
(03-15-2018, 04:36 PM)x n Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 09:50 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:15 PM)x n Wrote: If you're looking for something that you can do illegal shit on and doesn't collect logs (or at least purges them very frequently) then Mullvad is the best VPN by a mile, not to mention it's cheap (about $6 per month). If you want speed then PIA.

Rule #1: don't ever trust something you don't control.
They may say they don't keep logs, but in all liklihood they do.

I’m 100% aware of this, I wasn’t born yesterday like you seem to think I was. The only reason I trust Mullvad is because of how often I and many of my “friends” have gotten away with slightly less-than-legal activities while using that VPN.

I wasn't treating you like you were stupid, my point was to tell you to never trust it. Even if your friends got away with it, that doesn't mean you will. The chances are, your traffic will never be looked at, because chances are nobody cares about you or even knows you exist, but once they do start to care about you it becomes a totally different game, and you need to prepare for that.

RE: VPN SERVICE #23
(03-15-2018, 09:02 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: The chances are, your traffic will never be looked at, because chances are nobody cares about you or even knows you exist, but once they do start to care about you it becomes a totally different game, and you need to prepare for that.

This.

If unusual traffic Is generated from your connection that warrants Investigation, they'll exhaust all channels to get to the bottom of It. Depending on the nature, It can have some serious ramifications. Never "assume" you're not being watched.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: VPN SERVICE #24
Personally, if you're not going to use your own VPN, I would recommend NordVPN or ProtonVPN. Of course, they are paid, but paid VPNs are usually the best public VPNs.
~ Nytelife26 ~

RE: VPN SERVICE #25
(03-20-2018, 12:35 AM)Nytelife26 Wrote: Personally, if you're not going to use your own VPN, I would recommend NordVPN or ProtonVPN.

Adding to this, Private Internet Access Is certainly worth the money paid.

It's best to run a VPN alongside the Tor network. That Is, VPN > Tor > Exit Node.

RE: VPN SERVICE #26
(03-20-2018, 07:50 AM)mothered Wrote: It's best to run a VPN alongside the Tor network. That Is, VPN > Tor > Exit Node.

Yeah, it is. However, the Tor network can be (and is in general) quite slow, and so it is impractical for things that don't require as much privacy.
~ Nytelife26 ~

RE: VPN SERVICE #27
(03-20-2018, 11:32 PM)Nytelife26 Wrote: Yeah, it is. However, the Tor network can be (and is in general) quite slow, and so it is impractical for things that don't require as much privacy.

My setup (Inclusive of Tor bridges/relays) Is VPN > Bridge > Tor Network > Exit Node. This only covers a minority of my total anonymity.

Sure, It can be slow at the best of times, there's no question about It. However, for my line of work, patience Is a virtue.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post