chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VB.NET Virus filter_list
Author
Ransomeware is a form of a trojan.

RE: VB.NET Virus #12
(04-08-2016, 09:02 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, so it will have an infection routine. As for a Trojan, my understanding is that a Trojan is any piece of malware that fools a user into running it and activates without a delay. For example, Crytoplocker is a form of a Trojan.

No.

(04-08-2016, 09:21 PM)Cyber Warrior Wrote: It is always a nice feeling coding a malware by yourself. Just when I remember, 5 years ago when I coded in batch... Simpler times...
Anyway, keep experimenting and learning, good job. You'll need to work a little bit on terms, but that's ok.

My boy, Cyber Warrior, are you sure that was 5 years ago? Can you teach me how to work on my terms? Work on my terms?
MY TERMS?!?!
Is that really ok, Cyber Warrior? Is it?

(04-08-2016, 10:52 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ransomeware is a form of a trojan.

No.

OP, why are you trying to design malware in VB.NET? That's literally the worst thing you could do. Learn the language first, do some productive things with it. Then you can start designing malware when you're competent in other languages. At least you're trying. +1
nameless@jabber.se
for hire, programming/sysadmin

[+] 1 user Likes -nameless's post

RE: VB.NET Virus #13
To be honest, if you really want to code a virus, VB.NET is not really the best coding language to start with. I would rather recommend learning python, or C#. The code is not wrong it just looks a little messy, I mean like the 5 seperate if-statements, you could easily turn that into 1.

As for creating files and pumping random data in them, if you really want, I have coded a File pumper in .NET, as well as something that is able to create files, as well as a code to get all recursive directories on a drive. If you combine them you pretty much have what you wanted.

If you want it just shoot me a PM and I will look for the files.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: VB.NET Virus #14
(04-08-2016, 09:02 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, so it will have an infection routine. As for a Trojan, my understanding is that a Trojan is any piece of malware that fools a user into running it and activates without a delay. For example, Crytoplocker is a form of a Trojan.

Cryptolocker is ransomware.
And no, ransomware is not a trojan...

Does cryptolocker steal your information and whatever? No.
It "encrypts" your files so you have to pay in order to "get the decryption key".
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

RE: VB.NET Virus #15
Not exactly, ransomware is commonly spread by trojans though. The ransomware itself is NOT a trojan though. Big difference.

also i think VB.NET is shit fuck vb

RE: VB.NET Virus #16
Oh for the love of Christ. We're not here to be arguing about the official term for his category of virus. In reality, Trojans are programs that are disguised to look like one thing yet do another almost instantly as soon as it reaches the system, just like the story. Ransomware is malicious code that will lock and encrypt data. Some ransomeware is also bundled with code that might copy the data so they can sell that info as well for more profit. This piece of code (VB....why?) is really just malware at this point, almost like a worm in that it's spreading useless data to pump up the hard drive but not in that it's not really spreading itself. So for right now let's all just call this malware and move on!
Scientia potentia est

[Image: inkexplosion.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DarkMuse's post

RE: VB.NET Virus #17
(04-20-2016, 03:27 PM)DarkMuse Wrote: Oh for the love of Christ. We're not here to be arguing about the official term for his category of virus. In reality, Trojans are programs that are disguised to look like one thing yet do another almost instantly as soon as it reaches the system, just like the story. Ransomware is malicious code that will lock and encrypt data. Some ransomeware is also bundled with code that might copy the data so they can sell that info as well for more profit. This piece of code (VB....why?) is really just malware at this point, almost like a worm in that it's spreading useless data to pump up the hard drive but not in that it's not really spreading itself. So for right now let's all just call this malware and move on!

This man has spoken with perfect words.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Skryptec's post

RE: VB.NET Virus #18
any update bro? hmmmmmmmmmm..