chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2)
Author
Hello everyone,

So as some of you may have seen my thread, I've been thinking of (re)-starting the news team again. I don't have a lot of time, but I feel that it's possible for me to do this little extra for SL.
Anyway, this thread is for pretty much starting up a group for getting together a news team, since I can't do this on my own.

Overview of possibilities for the news:
Spoiler:
You can find an overview online here as well. (will be updated)
Possible Release Times:
  • Weekly
It’s probably not going to be weekly, since we aren’t even sure it can be maintained properly. Once it’s more active/ more people to help it can be weekly.
  • Every other week (2 weekly)
Personally, the best option in my opinion. It gives enough topics to talk about and enough time to process it into a nice newspaper.
  • Monthly
I think this would make a newspaper not needed and I feel like a monthly newspaper would have little impact on the community.
The date would be Sunday (US time-zone), since probably most members are from the US.
Topics that can be discussed:
Spoiler:
General news topics:
  • Technology (general)
  • Programming
  • Retro (legacy hardware and Tetris (on request of Ender)
  • General world news (not local, national news)
  • Satire
Sinister.ly News Topics:
  • Latest (new) graphic designs (if any)
  • Member interviews
  • Top marketplace items
  • Upcoming updates/restyling/functions... that have to do with SL
  • Trending topics
  • Giveaway (if available)
  • Top posters of the week
  • Member of The Month
  • Questions that will be resolved from previous week(s)

Looks of the news page:
  • Properly formatted thread
  • A seperate webpage

Searching for:
  • At least 1 GFX designer that can find/edit some images to place with the articles or news from SL.
  • Article writers, just copying & pasting articles is NOT what we need, the thread/webpage would get way to big. The articles should be shortened (just a small version of the article) and the full article will be linked in the source.
  • Some senior members that know the community of SL and can share information know and then (it's not required that they spend lots of time)
  • Anyone that has a good awareness of new technology developments, world news etc...

The group is unofficial though that does not mean that just anyone can join. In order to keep a proper maintained and created news page, there has to be a good collaboration between the members. People that just want to screw around and get an extra usertag (if there ever is one), will NOT be allowed.

If you're looking to help and actively contribute then you are the person we're searching for! This will probably take not more than 1 hours every 2 weeks if we're with enough people.
I have been thinking of creating a Discord group for easily dropping the articles/collaboration, but I'm not sure @Oni allows this. Please PM me about that if you have time.

I hope to hear from you all.

Suggestions for the topics and ideas can be posted in this thread so we can keep this thread clear for applications/opinions.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

[+] 2 users Like Bish0pQ's post

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #2
Seems interesting! I'd been down doing some GFX work for it. Makes the community feel more like a community.

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #3
(11-19-2017, 06:42 PM)Ecchi Wrote: Seems interesting! I'd been down doing some GFX work for it. Makes the community feel more like a community.

Exactly, I'll let you know if you can do something, and add you to the Discord if @Oni can confirm that this is allowed. Just a like would do if you're too busy to reply.

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #4
I can do graphics and writing.
However, if I were a VPS, you'd switch hosts because of downtime. Or, in English, I'm often busy with schoolwork and often not able to do things as of now. That said as a warning, I can still do both writing and graphics, and I should be able to get my shit together 70-85% of the time.
+++++++++[>++++++++++>>++++++++++<<<-]>+>>+++<<<++++[>>++++++++++>>++++++++++>++++++++++<<<<<-]>>+++++>>+++>++++++[<<<<<,[>>>>.<<<<-]>>>>>.<<<<.>.>.>>]

[Image: duwskq.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Ender's post

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #5
(11-19-2017, 08:01 PM)Ender Wrote: I can do graphics and writing.
However, if I were a VPS, you'd switch hosts because of downtime. Or, in English, I'm often busy with schoolwork and often not able to do things as of now. That said as a warning, I can still do both writing and graphics, and I should be able to get my shit together 70-85% of the time.

You're free to spend as much or as little time as you want. Anything helps, and I might need some help finding good Tetris topics every 2-weeks. I'll count you in. Thank you for willing to help.

[+] 1 user Likes Bish0pQ's post

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #6
(11-18-2017, 12:38 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Hello everyone,

So as some of you may have seen my thread, I've been thinking of (re)-starting the news team again. I don't have a lot of time, but I feel that it's possible for me to do this little extra for SL.
Anyway, this thread is for pretty much starting up a group for getting together a news team, since I can't do this on my own.

Overview of possibilities for the news:
Spoiler:
You can find an overview online here as well. (will be updated)
Possible Release Times:
  • Weekly
It’s probably not going to be weekly, since we aren’t even sure it can be maintained properly. Once it’s more active/ more people to help it can be weekly.
  • Every other week (2 weekly)
Personally, the best option in my opinion. It gives enough topics to talk about and enough time to process it into a nice newspaper.
  • Monthly
I think this would make a newspaper not needed and I feel like a monthly newspaper would have little impact on the community.
The date would be Sunday (US time-zone), since probably most members are from the US.
Topics that can be discussed:
Spoiler:
General news topics:
  • Technology (general)
  • Programming
  • Retro (legacy hardware and Tetris (on request of Ender)
  • General world news (not local, national news)
  • Satire
Sinister.ly News Topics:
  • Latest (new) graphic designs (if any)
  • Member interviews
  • Top marketplace items
  • Upcoming updates/restyling/functions... that have to do with SL
  • Trending topics
  • Giveaway (if available)
  • Top posters of the week
  • Member of The Month
  • Questions that will be resolved from previous week(s)

Looks of the news page:
  • Properly formatted thread
  • A seperate webpage

Searching for:
  • At least 1 GFX designer that can find/edit some images to place with the articles or news from SL.
  • Article writers, just copying & pasting articles is NOT what we need, the thread/webpage would get way to big. The articles should be shortened (just a small version of the article) and the full article will be linked in the source.
  • Some senior members that know the community of SL and can share information know and then (it's not required that they spend lots of time)
  • Anyone that has a good awareness of new technology developments, world news etc...

The group is unofficial though that does not mean that just anyone can join. In order to keep a proper maintained and created news page, there has to be a good collaboration between the members. People that just want to screw around and get an extra usertag (if there ever is one), will NOT be allowed.

If you're looking to help and actively contribute then you are the person we're searching for! This will probably take not more than 1 hours every 2 weeks if we're with enough people.
I have been thinking of creating a Discord group for easily dropping the articles/collaboration, but I'm not sure @Oni allows this. Please PM me about that if you have time.

I hope to hear from you all.

Suggestions for the topics and ideas can be posted in this thread so we can keep this thread clear for applications/opinions.
I would be willing to help in any capacity you need just keep me in mind olfriend I think this could take off.
Knowledge is free..
Retaining that Knowledge takes work..
[Image: 4aeb044653a17ba3f4588cdf214cdf77.gif]

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #7
Any progress? Biggrin
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post

RE: [Unofficial] SL News Team (Try #2) #8
This looks pretty interesting. I like the idea of assigned roles and some serious structure. I wish you the best of luck. I'd get involved but I'm not sure what time I can commit at this stage with my masters/job hunt. However, you're welcome to reach out to me if you need help/advice any time and I'll see what I can do at that time.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]