chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates
Author
RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #11
Yes it is a bad feeling when you have to open yoır pc asap but you can not because of updates. It happened before, so irritating

[+] 1 user Likes Altair's post

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #12
(08-07-2017, 10:12 AM)Jiggly Wrote: But yes, my heart literally sinks when I see that message.. Usually because I needed to do something at the time (why else would I be using it?).

I will take this comment to my grave.

You've summed It up absolutely perfectly.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #13
<3
[Image: 200w.gif]

This is the funniest gif I have seen recently Biggrin

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #14
Its been about 4 months since i turned mine off. I wonder the volume of updates I would have when i turn it back on.

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #15
This is actually quite nice and something everyone with Windows 10 should do. I do use Spybot Anti-Beacon to block some of the telemetry issues but it certainly does not block all. (https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/).

Thank you for sharing this.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

[+] 1 user Likes Bish0pQ's post

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #16
I'm on Win7 Ultimate, haven't "updated" anything since I put it the way I like.

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #17
(08-07-2017, 08:58 PM)Markfrost Wrote: Its been about 4 months since i turned mine off. I wonder the volume of updates I would have when i turn it back on.

You'll find out by dedicating around 30 minutes of your time waiting for the updates to download and Install.

I personally don't have the time, patience nor the Interest.

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #18
(08-07-2017, 10:32 PM)mothered Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 08:58 PM)Markfrost Wrote: Its been about 4 months since i turned mine off. I wonder the volume of updates I would have when i turn it back on.

You'll find out by dedicating around 30 minutes of your time waiting for the updates to download and Install.

I personally don't have the time, patience nor the Interest.

Without turning it off, I've had hundreds of updates on Windows 8, together taking significantly longer than 30 minutes, maybe even 2-3 hours.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017, 11:14 PM by Ender.)
"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding."
- Leonardo da Vinci (supposedly)

[Image: kphlxb.jpg]

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #19
(08-07-2017, 11:14 PM)Ender Wrote: Without turning it off, I've had hundreds of updates on Windows 8, together taking significantly longer than 30 minutes, maybe even 2-3 hours.

My goodness, 2-3 hours would drive me Insane. I could format my system In less than half the time.

There's no chance I'd wait around for that.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Unnecessary Microsoft Windows updates #20

*turns on updates*

*machine implodes*

I joke, mothered is probably right.

(08-07-2017, 10:06 PM)Devious Wrote: I'm on Win7 Ultimate, haven't "updated" anything since I put it the way I like.

There aren't words that can explain how much I miss win7 ultimate. I had it on one of my old laptops, and really think I'll never use anything better. It did what I needed, in a way that made logical sense. I'm fed up of jumping through hoops to access stuff that I used to get to in seconds on win7.

Alas, I use win10 for the most part now (across 3 machines, 2 are on win10 and 1 is on 8.1). I need to take the time to see if I can make the 8.1 a little more bearable. There's gotta be a way to stop the right-left swipe of my mouse from opening that infernal search bar and to stop my misclicks opening the apps screen that I literally NEVER use. *rage*
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly-chan's post