chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tutorial how to do instagram gathering using linux filter_list
Author
how to do instagram gathering using linux #1
REQUERIMENTS: Python3
                python3-pip

FIRST:

do this:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/sc1341/InstagramOSINT.git
git clone https://github.com/instaloader/instaloader
cd InstagramOSINT && pip3 install -r requirements.txt && cd ..

then

run this (save it as any_name_u_want.sh to run then just typing sh any_name_u_desired.sh instead typing or pasting every line):

Code:
# this allows you to get information

python3 InstagramOSINT/main.py --username ubuntu

# this allows you to download all the photos the user had uploaded

python3 instaloader/instaloader.py --login YOUR_USERNAME -p YOUR_PASSWORD -G -C -s --tagged ubuntu
replace YOUR_USERNAME for your real ig username, do the same for YOUR_PASSWORD. This allows you to download HD Pictures and every video he/she has uploaded.

replace 'ubuntu' for your target profile.

using --login option allows you to download pictures from private profiles!

run
Code:
python3 instaloader.py --help
for more available commands like --fast-update and even more  Biggrin

where are the data?
inside the script folder you will found some folders with the name of the user you choose. inside them is all the available information.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 05:12 PM by conspir4cy. Edit Reason: add_more_info )

[+] 1 user Likes conspir4cy's post

RE: how to do instagram gathering using linux #2
Awesome thanks so much, this will be very useful for my marketing projects!

Can you build some sort of scraper that collects demographics, like interests etc?
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 07:42 PM by Botany.)

[+] 1 user Likes Botany's post

RE: how to do instagram gathering using linux #3
(11-10-2019, 07:41 PM)Botany Wrote: Awesome thanks so much, this will be very useful for my marketing projects!

Can you build some sort of scraper that collects demographics, like interests etc?
in instagram there is no too much to do except looking for the people someone is following, that may be to work better using facebook gathering...

mmm... but with this tool, you will use the
Code:
--geotags
parameter in order to get geographic metadata of every post someone made and dump them into a file in the same way that with the example i put in the post.

if i found more methods to dump data (using API functions by example) i will post them.
i'm just looking for knowledge, not pretending be great, just wanting to do stuffs

RE: how to do instagram gathering using linux #4
(11-10-2019, 11:23 PM)conspir4cy Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 07:41 PM)Botany Wrote: Awesome thanks so much, this will be very useful for my marketing projects!

in instagram there is no too much to do except looking for the people someone is following, that may be to work better using facebook gathering...

mmm... but with this tool, you will use the
Code:
--geotags
parameter in order to get geographic metadata of every post someone made and dump them into a file in the same way that with the example i put in the post.

if i found more methods to dump data (using API functions by example) i will post them.
Ok, thanks for the update Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Botany's post