chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Tutorial [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon
Author
[Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #1
Prepare yourselves, because I'm taking a trip back nearly half a decade for this one, and I'm sure some of you will be excited about this project getting quasi-revived.

I won't give away too much information, because I want you guys to actually figure out what the hell I'm talking about on your own. For now, I'll just give you the following image. Let's see who can remember what series this pertains to.
[Image: Eb91fAN.png]

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #2
My guess is:
Spoiler:
You will make a tutorial on how transistor logic gates work.

(04-16-2018, 12:20 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: [Image: Eb91fAN.png]

Here we can see schemes of three logic gates:
  • AND gate with two inputs
  • OR gate with two inputs
  • NOT gate

Let's take a look at how the AND2 gate works:
  • Let's say that both the inputs are set to low:
    Because both inputs are low, the voltage will not flow trough the transistors and the output will be low
  • Let's say that both the inputs are set to high:
    Because both inputs are high, the voltage will flow trough the transistors and the output will be high
  • Let's say that the input A is high and B is low:
    Because input A is high the voltage can flow trough the first resistor, but than comes the second resistor which won't let the current pass because the B input is low, than the output will be low
  • Let's say that the input A is low and B is high:
    Because input A is low the voltage will not flow trough the first resistor, it doesn't matter what B is because the first resistor will not let the current flow, the output will be low

Basically phy's tutorial will be filled with explanations on how logic gates work.

I don't know if my guess is correct, but one thing I can say for certain: it will be an awesome tutorial.

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #3
(04-16-2018, 01:30 PM)Pikami Wrote: My guess is:
Spoiler:
You will make a tutorial on how transistor logic gates work.

(04-16-2018, 12:20 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: [Image: Eb91fAN.png]

Here we can see schemes of three logic gates:
  • AND gate with two inputs
  • OR gate with two inputs
  • NOT gate

Let's take a look at how the AND2 gate works:
  • Let's say that both the inputs are set to low:
    Because both inputs are low, the voltage will not flow trough the transistors and the output will be low
  • Let's say that both the inputs are set to high:
    Because both inputs are high, the voltage will flow trough the transistors and the output will be high
  • Let's say that the input A is high and B is low:
    Because input A is high the voltage can flow trough the first resistor, but than comes the second resistor which won't let the current pass because the B input is low, than the output will be low
  • Let's say that the input A is low and B is high:
    Because input A is low the voltage will not flow trough the first resistor, it doesn't matter what B is because the first resistor will not let the current flow, the output will be low

Basically phy's tutorial will be filled with explanations on how logic gates work.

I don't know if my guess is correct, but one thing I can say for certain: it will be an awesome tutorial.

Close, but no cigar. The series will indeed have a heavy dose of transistors and explanations, but it's an extension of a series that I wrote years ago and posted here.

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #4
(04-16-2018, 01:48 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Close, but no cigar. The series will indeed have a heavy dose of transistors and explanations, but it's an extension of a series that I wrote years ago and posted here.

Extension of your "Intro to CPU Design and Creation" series?
Part 2 was "Logic and boolean algebra" so this might be an extension of that.

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #5
(04-16-2018, 02:06 PM)Pikami Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:48 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Close, but no cigar. The series will indeed have a heavy dose of transistors and explanations, but it's an extension of a series that I wrote years ago and posted here.

Extension of your "Intro to CPU Design and Creation" series?
Part 2 was "Logic and boolean algebra" so this might be an extension of that.

Yep. To the first part at least. It's actually an extension to the entire series, not just to any individual part.
Spoiler:
It's a hacking tutorial. Rather than building certain logic pieces using TTL or ICs, ill be showing people how to cheat and get a good deal more performance, as well as probably explaining how RAM works and giving the engineer's look on a side channel write-anywhere attack.

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #6
(04-16-2018, 02:10 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
Spoiler:
It's a hacking tutorial. Rather than building certain logic pieces using TTL or ICs, ill be showing people how to cheat and get a good deal more performance, as well as probably explaining how RAM works and giving the engineer's look on a side channel write-anywhere attack.

Nice!!!!

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #7
Yeah, I googled "quasi-revived" and the first link was some website that had a bunch of guys ass cracks out, so I assume it was the wrong thing. I will never google that again :/
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #8
(04-16-2018, 04:12 PM)Synthx Wrote: Yeah, I googled "quasi-revived" and the first link was some website that had a bunch of guys ass cracks out, so I assume it was the wrong thing. I will never google that again :/

Lol haven't you learned by now that my thoughts can't be predicted by Google?

RE: [Hint] New tutorial series coming soon #9
(04-17-2018, 01:24 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 04:12 PM)Synthx Wrote: Yeah, I googled "quasi-revived" and the first link was some website that had a bunch of guys ass cracks out, so I assume it was the wrong thing. I will never google that again :/

Lol haven't you learned by now that my thoughts can't be predicted by Google?

Eh, lol.
#yellowheartsforsarah