chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tutorial HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING filter_list
Author
Hey there,
today I will be going over how I personally got started with programming and how you can too. Before I start I have to say a few things. 1.) Programming is not for everyone. Do not get upset if you just can't seem to get it or get too frustrated. 2.) This will be a long journey. If you are expecting immediate results go find a instagram scam tutorial saying some bullshit like "How to become a machine learning expert with no coding experience and no math experience in 2 weeks!". That is not going to happen for most people. Anyway I'll get started now.

1.) DO NOT COPY AND PASTE CODE
I know, I know everyone does it. There's no shame in doing it, because why should I have to re-invent the wheel. But at the same time programmers are learning how the wheel works so that they can improve upon it. So I do not recommend copying and pasting code for your first couple months. After that when you know how to program well, I see no problem with it.

2.) DO NOT START WITH PYTHON
This one may be controversial. Python is a language used world wide because of its simplicity and easy syntax, whilst still having a tremendous amount of power. But there is one downside: It is ridiculously hard to learn another language after starting with python (at least it was for me, your experience may differ). So for this reason I recommend starting with a language like C or C++ to learn whats going on under the hood, so that once you learn these language(s), it is much easier to learn a language like, python for example. But if you really want to just learn python, go for it, this is just one persons opinion and you can make tons of money just copying and pasting TensorFlow code for your models.

3.) DO NOT EXPECT IMMEDIATE RESULTS
I already talked a little bit about this one, but I will go a little more in depth. I always see posts on forums saying shit like "HoW cAn I hAcK ThE PeNtAgOn". You can't just download kali, use aircrack on you neighbors wi-fi and expect to be a hacker. That isn't how it works. I know I am talking more about Infosec right now but programming and infosec are symbiotic as well as the same concepts can be applied to programming. I'm not gonna lie, I know this feeling well. Before my programming days I was something of a skid myself. I remember watching "Building a chess AI in JS" tutorial in class when I still didn't know basic operators or functions or even how to print hello world. It sucks. Although, I have to say if I hadn't started with that, I don't think I would be as interested in programming as I am now.

Thanks for reading and if anyone needs help with anything my discord is drunkpolishbear#0592.

[+] 2 users Like drunkpolishbear's post

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #2
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

In terms of the programming language starting point, I agree with C/C++, but It predominantly depends on what you wish to achieve with your project(s). Due to my capacity In exploitation, I started with PHP, which was extremely simple to learn. And SQL was even easier.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #3
I started with python then ruby. I wanted to start C++ but it feels like there is alot to remember.

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #4
(11-11-2019, 03:54 AM)mothered Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

In terms of the programming language starting point, I agree with C/C++, but It predominantly depends on what you wish to achieve with your project(s). Due to my capacity In exploitation, I started with PHP, which was extremely simple to learn. And SQL was even easier.
Thanks! Speaking to your point, I was more talking about my own experience and what I recommend for people wanting to learn python because of course there are hundreds of languages out there each with its pros and cons. In my personal opinion, I wish I had started with a C language but starting with python may be the exact right thing for someone who wants to be a data analyst for example.

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #5
(11-11-2019, 05:20 AM)Tanfalacks Wrote: I started with python then ruby. I wanted to start C++ but it feels like there is alot to remember.
Honestly, C++ is a whole other Rabbithole I don't really want to dive down. I am pretty interested in computational physics and wanted to make a physics engine from scratch in C but since it's so old all the tutorials are for shit-ass libraries from the 90s or were in C++ so I kinda had to until I was like "fuck it why do I want to make games?".

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #6
(11-10-2019, 07:00 PM)drunkpolishbear Wrote: Hey there,
today I will be going over how I personally got started with programming and how you can too. Before I start I have to say a few things. 1.) Programming is not for everyone. Do not get upset if you just can't seem to get it or get too frustrated. 2.) This will be a long journey. If you are expecting immediate results go find a instagram scam tutorial saying some bullshit like "How to become a machine learning expert with no coding experience and no math experience in 2 weeks!". That is not going to happen for most people. Anyway I'll get started now.

I know, I know everyone does it. There's no shame in doing it, because why should I have to re-invent the wheel. But at the same time programmers are learning how the wheel works so that they can improve upon it. So I do not recommend copying and pasting code for your first couple months. After that when you know how to program well, I see no problem with it.

This one may be controversial. Python is a language used world wide because of its simplicity and easy syntax, whilst still having a tremendous amount of power. But there is one downside: It is ridiculously hard to learn another language after starting with python (at least it was for me, your experience may differ). So for this reason I recommend starting with a language like C or C++ to learn whats going on under the hood, so that once you learn these language(s), it is much easier to learn a language like, python for example. But if you really want to just learn python, go for it, this is just one persons opinion and you can make tons of money just copying and pasting TensorFlow code for your models.

I already talked a little bit about this one, but I will go a little more in depth. I always see posts on forums saying shit like "HoW cAn I hAcK ThE PeNtAgOn". You can't just download kali, use aircrack on you neighbors wi-fi and expect to be a hacker. That isn't how it works. I know I am talking more about Infosec right now but programming and infosec are symbiotic as well as the same concepts can be applied to programming. I'm not gonna lie, I know this feeling well. Before my programming days I was something of a skid myself. I remember watching "Building a chess AI in JS" tutorial in class when I still didn't know basic operators or functions or even how to print hello world. It sucks. Although, I have to say if I hadn't started with that, I don't think I would be as interested in programming as I am now.

Thanks for reading and if anyone needs help with anything my discord is drunkpolishbear#0592.
Thanks for sharing this bro it helps me a lot. But I have one question, do you really need mathemathical skills to deal with pro graming ?

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #7
(11-11-2019, 06:30 AM)drunkpolishbear Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:54 AM)mothered Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Thanks! Speaking to your point, I was more talking about my own experience and what I recommend for people wanting to learn python because of course there are hundreds of languages out there each with its pros and cons. In my personal opinion, I wish I had started with a C language but starting with python may be the exact right thing for someone who wants to be a data analyst for example.

I understand your viewpoint, and fully agree.

Everyone has a different capacity In how they apply themselves with programming languages. Your Initial post above, can certainly be used as a general guide for those wishing to get Into programming for the very first time.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: HOW TO GET STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING #8
(11-11-2019, 10:12 AM)TheBlackPearl22 Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 07:00 PM)drunkpolishbear Wrote: Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this bro it helps me a lot. But I have one question, do you really need mathemathical skills to deal with pro graming ?

For sure, I know how tough it can be starting out. And about math it really depends.
The short answer IMO is not really
The long answer is it isn't really black or white because there are so many variables. If you want to create your own TensorFlow-esque library (a machine learning library(AI)) then yes. But most people won't be doing that. The math I've needed was not much other than basic operators but personally programming opened a whole world for me in terms of math. Before I learned how to program I was like "ew fuck math" but now I literally spend hours trying to create formula solvers in C because it's fun for me. My advice is keep an open mind. Let me know if you need any help.