chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestion filter_list
Author
Hello,

Noticed a couple of people applying here recently. Not sure if this is the right section but could we suggest anyone for staff here? I'm just curious because I've noticed the activity and commitment @mothered puts into this site, probably more than any other member (just an observation, I could be completely wrong, idk what goes on in the background). I think he'd make an excellent admin. Perhaps even help with the countless suggestions on here. I believe he's skilled in many things so it wouldn't surprise me if he had MyBB experience running his own sites, etc. Just my 2 cents, feel free to delete/close this.

RE: Suggestion #2
(07-14-2019, 05:13 AM)Strait McCool Wrote: Hello,

Noticed a couple of people applying here recently.  Not sure if this is the right section but could we suggest anyone for staff here?  I'm just curious because I've noticed the activity and commitment @mothered puts into this site, probably more than any other member (just an observation, I could be completely wrong, idk what goes on in the background).  I think he'd make an excellent admin.  Perhaps even help with the countless suggestions on here.  I believe he's skilled in many things so it wouldn't surprise me if he had MyBB experience running his own sites, etc.  Just my 2 cents, feel free to delete/close this.
this the thread that has all the requirements.
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Read-Before-Applying
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#

RE: Suggestion #3
(07-14-2019, 05:23 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

Noticed a couple of people applying here recently.  Not sure if this is the right section but could we suggest anyone for staff here?  I'm just curious because I've noticed the activity and commitment @mothered puts into this site, probably more than any other member (just an observation, I could be completely wrong, idk what goes on in the background).  I think he'd make an excellent admin.  Perhaps even help with the countless suggestions on here.  I believe he's skilled in many things so it wouldn't surprise me if he had MyBB experience running his own sites, etc.  Just my 2 cents, feel free to delete/close this.
?

RE: Suggestion #4
(07-14-2019, 05:30 AM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 05:23 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

?
But not sure if this the right section for this post here or not. I also do not think there is a problem of you posting this suggestion here. Sorry, I thought you mean about the requirements of people who want to become staff members here. That why I posted the link for the requirements.
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#

RE: Suggestion #5
I'd say this thread is perfect sense @Oni  probably keeps a close eye on suggestions. But as of @mothered  If i'm correct super moderator is probably considered admin in a way already.

As far as I know Moderator moderates certain sections of the forum and super moderator is probably considered Global Moderator to Moderate the entire board with a few more permissions.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 08:07 AM by OGs. Edit Reason: Edit )
[Image: a00ae085a1a62e0d5ab60291fbad0071.png]

RE: Suggestion #6
(07-14-2019, 08:05 AM)OGs Wrote: As far as I know Moderator moderates certain sections of the forum and super moderator is probably considered Global Moderator to Moderate the entire board with a few more permissions.

Correct.

As a Super Moderator, I have permissions to moderate every forum on this board and apply changes accordingly. In terms of an admin, there's only the founder, namely @Oni and will remain as such.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Suggestion #7
Oni said he'd consider me once I'm more active. Since I wasn't online for about a year, that sort of messed everything up.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook." ~ Filthy Franku

RE: Suggestion #8
@mothered is definitely the best moderator. As for other staff, I'm considering applications but we have a baseline requirement for activity. While requirements aren't everything, we need staff that are able to remain consistent/dependable, through thick and thin. You're welcome to recommend whoever you like for staff and they're welcome to apply. I do recommend reading the sticky, though.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Suggestion #9
(07-17-2019, 04:06 AM)Oni Wrote: @mothered is definitely the best moderator. As for other staff, I'm considering applications but we have a baseline requirement for activity. While requirements aren't everything, we need staff that are able to remain consistent/dependable, through thick and thin. You're welcome to recommend whoever you like for staff and they're welcome to apply. I do recommend reading the sticky, though.
I've read the sticky. I assumed staff referred to administrator and moderator.

RE: Suggestion #10
So theres only two staff on this forum?
Tryna Surf Cool