chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

filter_list Skryptec's Staff Application
Author
Have you fulfilled the listed requirements?Yes! I am pretty sure I did. Except for the warnings part, but it is 10%, still worth a try!

Who are you, what do you do, and how did you find our site?
Hello, my name is Skryptec, I can provide my real name if you would like but I would like it to remain private. I have studied application developer and software engineering because I have always wanted to do something with software since I was 6 years old. I am a freelancer but I also have a little side job to make some extra money. And when I am not at work I spend my time online on forums, gaming or coding. I also like wintersports like skiing. I do competition skiing and just for fun skiing, I have started skiing when I was 9 years old. I do not know if that is really helpful but I just like it. I am also very interested in business, I like to do things that makes money. And how I found out about Sinisterly? Hmm... that is hard to answer since I do not remember it anymore. Probably from a search on Google, it looked good to me so I signed up and started posting here and there. I was inactive for a few months but then came back with better and helpful (I think) stuff.

Do you have previous moderating experience?
Yes, I have ran a forum before. It was called King Forums ran by someone (I forgot his name)and then something happened so someone else took it over and then I ended up taking it over. I have brought about 400 members and it was alive for 3-4 more months, I have also moderated on small forums that die after a few weeks but it was a fun experience. I always double check the rules before I warn someone.

What's the biggest thing you've learned since being on Sinisterly?
The biggest thing I have learned on Sinisterly that being friendly and helpful is really important. If you are not friendly, do not expect people to be friendly to you.

Why would you like to be a staff member on Sinisterly?
I consider myself friendly and I would like to help the community and telling them what they did wrong and how they can do it better next time instead of banning them. (Except if they are advertising etc.) I am also available (most of the time) 16 hours a day, I have nothing else to do and like I said, I spend most of my time online, at my work or sleeping.

What would you gain from being a staff member?
Absolutely nothing, I do not expect to be more respected or anything if I would be a staff member. The only thing I would get from this is experience and something that keeps me busy. Which is great.

What would the community gain from you being staff member?
I would be able to handle reports pretty fast so the community does not have to worry about anything. Overall, I will just remain friendly and that is a good thing, right? Smile

What's your favorite section on the site?My favorite section is probably the lounge, marketplace or any of the technology sections. I mostly post in the marketplace to sell things but I also post in the lounge to interact with people.

If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?
It does not really matter to me what section, but if I were able to pick a section, that would probably be one of the technology sections!

This was my application, it is not fancy or something, but design does not matter if the application is high quality, right?
Sorry for any grammar mistakes, my main language is not English! Smile
[Image: QZqXWc3.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Skryptec's post

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #2
That was pretty funny to read. Thanks!

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #3
best of luck on this application, hope you get in! great read btw haha

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #4
(06-15-2016, 12:17 AM)Primitive Wrote: That was pretty funny to read. Thanks!

Thanks I guess! Biggrin

(06-15-2016, 12:26 AM)Heaven Wrote: best of luck on this application, hope you get in! great read btw haha

Thank you! Smile

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #5
That looks like a strong application. I don't know you that well but I've definitely seen you posting and your availability sounds great. Goodluck!
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #6
(06-16-2016, 03:15 AM)Jiggly Wrote: That looks like a strong application. I don't know you that well but I've definitely seen you posting  and your availability sounds great. Goodluck!

I appreciate that! Smile

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #7
It's just my perception and hopefully doesn't offend you but I think having a warning right now is fair reminder that you could use some more time to learn the rules better and try to apply for staff in future. Good Luck though.
[Image: JchOGM.png]

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #8
(06-16-2016, 08:36 AM)Jimmy Wrote: It's just my perception and hopefully doesn't offend you but I think having a warning right now is fair reminder that you could use some more time to learn the rules better and try to apply for staff in future. Good Luck though.

My warning has expired and was because of a low quality post.
I respect your opinion.

Thank you.

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #9
Good luck on the app, hope you make staff.
"I'm very monogamous."- Billie Joe Armstrong
"I like Fisher Price music, nursery rhymes, and the alphabet song."- Tre Cool
"All my religious beliefs are based on Star Wars."- Mike Dirnt

RE: Skryptec's Staff Application #10
(06-23-2016, 06:15 PM)STH Wrote: Good luck on the app, hope you make staff.

Thank you very much. <3