chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Remove time limit on deleting threads
Author
RE: Remove time limit on deleting threads #11
The reason we have restrictions, is because we had incidents where the feature was abused (to the detriment of the forum). You can always message me (with a good reason) to have a thread removed manually.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Remove time limit on deleting threads #12
(11-26-2018, 08:36 AM)Oni Wrote: The reason we have restrictions, is because we had incidents where the feature was abused (to the detriment of the forum)
Agree.

This Is my primary concern, hence mentioned previously.

(11-20-2018, 03:18 PM)mothered Wrote: In my view, to avoid the deletion of threads being abused by each and every member who has the power to do so
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Remove time limit on deleting threads #13
@Oni

With the feature locked behind an upgrade wall, along with the smallness of the active community, I find it unlikely to be abused. Abuse in this case means you just lose threads from an abusive member so even the downside isn't too bad.
"If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room."

RE: Remove time limit on deleting threads #14
(11-26-2018, 08:36 AM)Oni Wrote: The reason we have restrictions, is because we had incidents where the feature was abused (to the detriment of the forum). You can always message me (with a good reason) to have a thread removed manually.

I haven't been in an admin panel of MyBB in a long time but is it possible to allow a certain number of deletions per w.e timeframe ? In this case, staff would see activity before it is getting abusive over a course of a week or so. Do threads that are deleted go into an unaccessible place or would it be permanently ? Soft deletes could be an option if that's a thing.

RE: Remove time limit on deleting threads #15
(11-30-2018, 05:49 PM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 08:36 AM)Oni Wrote: The reason we have restrictions, is because we had incidents where the feature was abused (to the detriment of the forum). You can always message me (with a good reason) to have a thread removed manually.

I haven't been in an admin panel of MyBB in a long time but is it possible to allow a certain number of deletions per w.e timeframe ? In this case, staff would see activity before it is getting abusive over a course of a week or so. Do threads that are deleted go into an unaccessible place or would it be permanently ? Soft deletes could be an option if that's a thing.

Not without a plugin/modifications. Posts get soft-deleted in most cases.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post