chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
The Discord has been disabled - read about it here, check out our IRC here, and if you're upgraded check here.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Recommend Movies
Author
I love horror and comedy movies. Want some recommendations from everyone.
English movies only please.

I've seen all the mainstream movies like Conjuring, Insidious, Truth Or Dare, etc
Looking for Underated, or Uncommon movies.

My Favorite Horror Movies:
Hellraiser Series
Insidious
The Conjuring
Hannibel Lector Series ( Silence Of The Lambs)
Saw ( I consider these thrillers though )
The Babadook
The Ring Series
The Nun

My Favorite Comedies:
Super Troopers Series
Paul
Ted Series
Masters Of Disguise
Pineapple Express Series
Scary Movie Series
Mac & Devin Go To High School
Sausage Party
Bad Santa

Comedies I tend to like any. These few I chose are just off the top of my head.

Thank you for sharing!
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 07:58 AM by Trilly Reign.)

RE: Recommend Movies #2
Uh, since you've seen a lot, could name some you liked as well?

I liked:
autopsy of Jane Doe
exorcism of Emily rose
deliver us from evil
dead silence
Eden lake

you may have seen them, but those are the only that came to my head.

Also one worth watching is "El laberinto del fauno", it's Spanish though. Eventually Los otros (the others), it's somehow in English (can be found in Spanish too), but I guess you saw that.
Oculus - welp...not that good, but decent.

Next one is not for everybody, but I love that kind of british humour: RocknRolla (you either love it or hate it), In Bruges (same here)
grand hotel Budapest
21 jump street
22 jump street. (last two are bit of mainstream though)

Well, I hope you haven't seen at least one and eventually you will like it if you see some of them. It's also hard to tell what do you consider mainstream as it differs from country to country and with comedy taste it's hard as people have different kind of humor. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes LaMe1337's post

RE: Recommend Movies #3
(01-09-2019, 06:45 AM)LaMe1337 Wrote: Uh, since you've seen a lot, could name some you liked as well?

I liked:
autopsy of Jane Doe
exorcism of Emily rose
deliver us from evil
dead silence
Eden lake

you may have seen them, but those are the only that came to my head.

Also one worth watching is "El laberinto del fauno", it's Spanish though. Eventually Los otros (the others), it's somehow in English (can be found in Spanish too), but I guess you saw that.
Oculus - welp...not that good, but decent.

Next one is not for everybody, but I love that kind of british humour: RocknRolla (you either love it or hate it), In Bruges (same here)
grand hotel Budapest
21 jump street
22 jump street. (last two are bit of mainstream though)

Well, I hope you haven't seen at least one and eventually you will like it if you see some of them. It's also hard to tell what do you consider mainstream as it differs from country to country and with comedy taste it's hard as people have different kind of humor. Wink

Yes I've seen all those, yes I'll add some, and I'll check out El laberinto del fauno. Always happy to see another scary movie. I'll also check out the comdies, besides Jump Street Series. I already seen those too.

I have a really far comedy taste. I like everything from Jim Carrey to Simon Pegg to Bernie Mac

I consider mainstream really anything super popular and commercialized. I use torrets to find movies, not commercials or tv, so I tend to get anything mainstream from majority of countries, as there is no region restrictions.

Thank you for sharing!
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 07:47 AM by Trilly Reign.)

RE: Recommend Movies #4
When I used to watch movies, I didn't have favorites. Basically anything that captured my Interest.

This Is one that I really enjoyed:

[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Recommend Movies #5
(01-09-2019, 10:48 AM)mothered Wrote: When I used to watch movies, I didn't have favorites. Basically anything that captured my Interest.

Definitely checking it out. Looks good.

RE: Recommend Movies #6
(01-09-2019, 11:32 AM)Trilly Reign Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:48 AM)mothered Wrote: When I used to watch movies, I didn't have favorites. Basically anything that captured my Interest.

Definitely checking it out. Looks good.

I watched It over two decades ago, and loved every minute of It.

I'm sure you'll enjoy It.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]