chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

filter_list Read Before Applying
Author
We're always looking for new staff members, but the requirements are high and few are cut out for the job. Being a staff member is a long term commitment and not many people realize what they are getting into.

Requirements
  • Be willing to make a commitment of at least 6 months. Seriously, this isn't a job you can take and leave in a month.
  • You must have been registered for 6 months or have an average of 5+ posts/day. You need 1000 posts at least. The average can be obtained on your profile.
  • You must be willing to spend at least 3 hours online a day actively moderating, if needed. Sometimes more or less, depending on circumstances.
  • You must have a positive reputation count, no warnings, and a history of following the rules of the forum. You're supposed to enforce our rules.
  • You must be at least 16 years of age. You may be required to show proof. No exceptions will be made, sorry. This is a forum for adults.
  • You must be willing to use voice communications, preferably through Skype or Discord. Don't apply if you're mic-shy. We don't bite. (Well... sometimes I do, but not much.)
  • Maintain a positive and respectable position in the community. You need to be well liked, but also mature and dignified. You're going to represent us.
  • You must be focused solely on Sinisterly. That means you will have to give up any staff positions you may have on other sites, otherwise it may be a conflict of interest.
  • Decent grammar. If I can't understand what you've written, chances are other members can't. We don't want that.

Questions
Have you fulfilled the listed requirements?
Who are you, what do you do, and how did you find our site?
Do you have previous moderating experience?
What's the biggest thing you've learned since being on Sinisterly?
Why would you like to be a staff member on Sinisterly?
What would you gain from being a staff member?
What would the community gain from you being staff member?
What's your favorite section on the site?
If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?

Code:
[size=x-small]Have you fulfilled the listed requirements?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]Who are you, what do you do, and how did you find our site?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]Do you have previous moderating experience?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]What's the biggest thing you've learned since being on Sinisterly?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]Why would you like to be a staff member on Sinisterly?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]What would you gain from being a staff member?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]What would the community gain from you being staff member?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]What's your favorite section on the site?[/size]
TEXT HERE

[size=x-small]If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?[/size]
TEXT HERE

I won't ask you to elaborate or anything, but keep this in mind:
You're applying for one of the best technology forums on the internet. If your application isn't interesting and it lacks detail, I won't be interested or inclined to pick yours out of the others. While less can sometimes say more, I still need to know about you and what you have to offer.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Read Before Applying #2
Just an extra sidenote, but we require our current staff members make >150 posts a month (or, 5 posts/day).

We're also keeping watch for potential candidates. Posting an application helps, but doesn't necessarily mean you will be picked.

RE: Read Before Applying #3
LOL Oni just edited the requirements.
What a shame, Oni.

RE: Read Before Applying #4
Well I'll be able to reapply in about 3 years seeing how I only have 481 post (including this one)

I'm one of those members whom believe in quality over quantity when it comes to post / threads.
@Skullmeat @phyrrus9 @Bish0pQ @Mr.Kurd and @Ender are my best friends on SL

RE: Read Before Applying #5
We're still looking for 1-2 members. Also examining a small number of people below 1000 posts.

RE: Read Before Applying #6
@mothered meets these requirements.
SKRRT SKRRT

RE: Read Before Applying #7
Goodluck to all future applicants.

RE: Read Before Applying #8
(10-31-2016, 04:47 PM)Oni Wrote: We're still looking for 1-2 members. Also examining a small number of people below 1000 posts.

Still keeping an eye out. We're a little short-staffed, but retain the same high standards.

RE: Read Before Applying #9
(12-01-2016, 06:48 PM)Oni Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 04:47 PM)Oni Wrote: We're still looking for 1-2 members. Also examining a small number of people below 1000 posts.

Still keeping an eye out. We're a little short-staffed, but retain the same high standards.

(Look at me)