chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Rate my build out of 10
Author
(07-11-2018, 06:01 AM)mothered Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 05:54 AM)GosuSang Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 05:53 AM)mothered Wrote: It does depend on one's overall usability, both now AND with future happenings.

If you believe 16GB will suffice for many years ahead, stick with It. Having said that, If you're looking at running simultaneous VMs, having enough Ram Is paramount.
Here's mine with 7 VMs running and (not shown), countless active browser tabs.
Spoiler:
[Image: fAeW2oc.png]

One word:
Damn
You have so much operating systems on the left bar.
Can I ask why?

Due to the nature of tasks performed on my VMs, they go down quickly (Infected etc), so by the time I locate, mount and configure the backup VHD, I continue my work on the other(s).

You'll notice that one VM Is my IDS- actively monitoring my network/traffic for potential Intrusions.

Just from reading that, I'm already hooked. Do you build a VM, then clone it?
For your IDS VM, is it running win 10 or?

RE: Rate my build out of 10 #12
(07-11-2018, 06:04 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 06:01 AM)mothered Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 05:54 AM)GosuSang Wrote: One word:
Damn
You have so much operating systems on the left bar.
Can I ask why?

Due to the nature of tasks performed on my VMs, they go down quickly (Infected etc), so by the time I locate, mount and configure the backup VHD, I continue my work on the other(s).

You'll notice that one VM Is my IDS- actively monitoring my network/traffic for potential Intrusions.

Everything Is configured from scratch- security rules defined, permissions set, threat & Intelligence monitoring, voice-activated alerts (and generated via SMTP gateways) and the list goes on.

The IDS Is CentOS based.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Rate my build out of 10 #13
(07-11-2018, 06:18 AM)mothered Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 06:04 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 06:01 AM)mothered Wrote: Due to the nature of tasks performed on my VMs, they go down quickly (Infected etc), so by the time I locate, mount and configure the backup VHD, I continue my work on the other(s).

Everything Is configured from scratch- security rules defined, permissions set, threat & Intelligence monitoring, voice-activated alerts (and generated via SMTP gateways) and the list goes on.

The IDS Is CentOS based.

I personally love CentOS due to the security it holds then the other OS's.

RE: Rate my build out of 10 #14
(07-11-2018, 06:39 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 06:18 AM)mothered Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 06:04 AM)Mimiakira Wrote: Just from reading that, I'm already hooked. Do you build a VM, then clone it?

The IDS Is CentOS based.

I personally love CentOS due to the security it holds then the other OS's.

Agree.

However, this IDS Is not a straightforward Installation & setup, particularly when It running via a VM. Various network bridges need to be configured, along with mapping IPs (non-routable/Internal/local) and then the fun part of configuring permissions, rules (blacklists & whitelists) etc specific to your network.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Rate my build out of 10 #15
9/10 because your processor is way better than my AMD one. Biggrin

RE: Rate my build out of 10 #16
(07-11-2018, 07:13 AM)Percent Wrote: 9/10 because your processor is way better than my AMD one.  Biggrin

Smile
What's your CPU?
[Image: puldaoab7b6.png]