chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Raspberry PI's
Author
@Ender Looks very cool indeed, I might check it out. I don't got all the supplies they listed yet though.

I was also thinking about creating a wearable computer, same as this, but which would look for vulnerabilities wherever I walk by. Basically a data miner that gets all data possible.

Basically if you'd walk around, it would automatically attack WiFi, Bluetooth from phones, websites hosted on home servers, company data, etc... Biggest problem is that it would take a hell of a lot coding to perform all those things like each 5 seconds and make sure it succeeds.

If it would succeed you're practically god lmao.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: Raspberry PI's #12
(12-19-2016, 10:09 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 05:38 PM)God Wrote: A strobe light type thing that oscillates to the frequencies of any song you play through it.

Similar to this for reference:
https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_...880641.jpg

Pretty coold, wouldn't that be something more for an Arduino though? I mean I have seen this before and people usually use an Arduino for this.

Oh, I'm actually not sure. It's been a while since I've looked up the differences between the two. But yea, I've seen it on YT. I'll try to find it again to see what was used.

Edit: Couldn't find the exact video. Looked like a laser harp but it worked like a music visualizer. Although the laser harps are pretty badass too.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:08 PM by God.)
"Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good."

RE: Raspberry PI's #13
(12-19-2016, 10:11 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 02:00 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: pifmplay was neat. It turns the rpi into fm transmitter. It even uses the clock pin on the GPIO, so you can tune it to any frequency you wish. Other than that I've used mine as a miniconsole for emulators, or as a set top box with kodi. My next idea is turn it into a car entertainment system, complete with gps and touch screen.

That sounds pretty interesting, I'm using the other PI as media center/file server already but I might try the FM transmitter you mentioned.

I wanted to code something before that would search all FM frequencies and if it would be static, it would discard the connection and move on, if it would be a working connection it would save the frequencie so I can monitor what frequencies are being sent out in my area.

Unfortunately, the rpi cannot receive radio transmissions without an expansion board. However, I do believe there are a few available, and some may even do what you are talking about.
[Image: pSXpir.png]

RE: Raspberry PI's #14
(12-19-2016, 06:40 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 10:11 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 02:00 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: pifmplay was neat. It turns the rpi into fm transmitter. It even uses the clock pin on the GPIO, so you can tune it to any frequency you wish. Other than that I've used mine as a miniconsole for emulators, or as a set top box with kodi. My next idea is turn it into a car entertainment system, complete with gps and touch screen.

That sounds pretty interesting, I'm using the other PI as media center/file server already but I might try the FM transmitter you mentioned.

I wanted to code something before that would search all FM frequencies and if it would be static, it would discard the connection and move on, if it would be a working connection it would save the frequencie so I can monitor what frequencies are being sent out in my area.

Unfortunately, the rpi cannot receive radio transmissions without an expansion board. However, I do believe there are a few available, and some may even do what you are talking about.

I don't know a lot about PI's expansions or radio transmitters/receivers. If you have time could you link me to what I would need in terms of the expansion board?

RE: Raspberry PI's #15
(12-19-2016, 05:53 PM)God Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 10:09 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 05:38 PM)God Wrote: A strobe light type thing that oscillates to the frequencies of any song you play through it.

Similar to this for reference:
https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_...880641.jpg

Pretty coold, wouldn't that be something more for an Arduino though? I mean I have seen this before and people usually use an Arduino for this.

Oh, I'm actually not sure. It's been a while since I've looked up the differences between the two. But yea, I've seen it on YT. I'll try to find it again to see what was used.

Edit: Couldn't find the exact video. Looked like a laser harp but it worked like a music visualizer. Although the laser harps are pretty badass too.

What about a 3D hologram? That would be awesome too.

RE: Raspberry PI's #16
(12-19-2016, 06:43 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 06:40 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 10:11 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: That sounds pretty interesting, I'm using the other PI as media center/file server already but I might try the FM transmitter you mentioned.

I don't know a lot about PI's expansions or radio transmitters/receivers. If you have time could you link me to what I would need in terms of the expansion board?

This should work: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1497

RE: Raspberry PI's #17
(12-19-2016, 06:51 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 06:43 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 06:40 PM)Skullmeat Wrote: Unfortunately, the rpi cannot receive radio transmissions without an expansion board. However, I do believe there are a few available, and some may even do what you are talking about.

This should work: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1497

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

RE: Raspberry PI's #18
(12-19-2016, 06:45 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 05:53 PM)God Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 10:09 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Pretty coold, wouldn't that be something more for an Arduino though? I mean I have seen this before and people usually use an Arduino for this.

What about a 3D hologram? That would be awesome too.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 07:29 PM by God.)
"Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good."

RE: Raspberry PI's #19
I've really been wanting to get a raspi so I can have a full pentesting suite in my pocket. I'd install Kali then launch all attacks via my phone with SSH.
[Image: 21o90zr.gif]
"It's for science. Trust me, I'm a doctor."
It'd be really cool if you could rep me, ya know....

RE: Raspberry PI's #20
I should mention that I have a can-bus adapter for my rpi. Really cool expansion board, I just haven't had a chance to use it, which makes me sad.
http://skpang.co.uk/catalog/pican-canbus...-1196.html