chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!

ROOT suggestions? filter_list
Author
Hey there I'm looking for recommendations on ROOTing my Android currently running oxygen OS(10) I'm new to mobile rooting so looking for any tips y'all are willing to share!

Thanks for reading!

RE: ROOT suggestions? #2
If you know what you are doing, I definitely recommend rooting it manually: if you need a framework, Magisk is probably a good choice, as they are most of the cases reversible, so if you would rather have your old, unrooted phone instead, you can unroot it without leaving any traces.

Don't use automatic rooting software, as, not only will you not learn how rooting works, you will give them a backdoor to access your phone.

Try and learn using TWRP and other open source software instead.

Edit: As you mentioned oxygen OS, is it a oneplus? If so, one of my phones is a oneplus, and I rooted it via TWRP and Magisk as well.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 06:50 PM by Johnngnky.)
johnngnky#5687

contact@johnngnky.xyz

RE: ROOT suggestions? #3
(03-25-2020, 06:49 PM)Johnngnky Wrote: If you know what you are doing, I definitely recommend rooting it manually: if you need a framework, Magisk is probably a good choice, as they are most of the cases reversible, so if you would rather have your old, unrooted phone instead, you can unroot it without leaving any traces.

Don't use automatic rooting software, as, not only will you not learn how rooting works, you will give them a backdoor to access your phone.

Try and learn using TWRP and other open source software instead.

Edit: As you mentioned oxygen OS, is it a oneplus? If so, one of my phones is a oneplus, and I rooted it via TWRP and Magisk as well.
yes indeed it is a one plus phone the 7t to be exact! I added you on discCord I have many questions if you got some time add me back I'd love to pick your brain if you have some time!