chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list REQUEST | EXE decompiler/ disassembler
Author
REQUEST | EXE decompiler/ disassembler #1
Hello

Firstly, I would like to apologize for my ignorance, in these topics.

I know that exes can not be officially disassembled, the variables will be simplified, etc.
But at least I can view the contents of it.
I have tried multiple disassemblers, and can't get results from it(if it runs at all)
the only program I haven't tried is IDA, but I am not sure how to use it, since I cannot find a manual for it.

So if you have any knowledge whatsoever, please reply. Thank you!

(Also, I am 1 NSP off 150(bronze))
johnngnky#5687

contact@johnngnky.xyz

RE: REQUEST | EXE decompiler/ disassembler #2
(04-17-2019, 07:24 PM)Johnngnky Wrote: Hello

Firstly, I would like to apologize for my ignorance, in these topics.

I know that exes can not be officially disassembled, the variables will be simplified, etc.
But at least I can view the contents of it.
I have tried multiple disassemblers, and can't get results from it(if it runs at all)
the only program I haven't tried is IDA, but I am not sure how to use it, since I cannot find a manual for it.

So if you have any knowledge whatsoever, please reply. Thank you!

(Also, I am 1 NSP off 150(bronze))

Check out Ghidra, a recently release reverse engineering toolset released by the NSA:
https://www.nsa.gov/resources/everyone/ghidra/

[+] 1 user Likes miyaKo's post

RE: REQUEST | EXE decompiler/ disassembler #3
Executables can absolutely be disassembled. You're thinking about decompiling. If you want to run an executable while viewing its disassembly, you use a debugger. Three different terms. If you want a disassembler, use IDA. If you want a debugger, use x64dbg (for Windows). If decompiler, Ghidra is probably the better option.

RE: REQUEST | EXE decompiler/ disassembler #4
(04-18-2019, 11:56 AM)reGEN Wrote: Executables can absolutely be disassembled. You're thinking about decompiling. If you want to run an executable while viewing its disassembly, you use a debugger. Three different terms. If you want a disassembler, use IDA. If you want a debugger, use x64dbg (for Windows). If decompiler, Ghidra is probably the better option.
Thank you.

Didn't know there was a difference between the 3.
johnngnky#5687

contact@johnngnky.xyz