chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list [RELEASE] Context menu adder (updated)
Author
[RELEASE] Context menu adder (updated) #1
So this is something I just wrote in C#. Polished it a bit and releasing it now. It adds/removes a program/file to your context menu.

Look at the GIF below to see what it exactly does.
[Image: ajcbdi.gif]

Version: 1.0.1.0
Changelog:
Code:
[+] Minor GUI changes
[+] Option to remove things from context menu
[+] Changed update function
[+] Minor bug fixes

[+] Initial release

Coming soon:
  • Create sub-context menus
  • Add more functionality (like bitm0de said)
  • Any suggestion made by you guys

Supported OS':
- Windows 10
- Windows 7

Download: Click Here
Virustotal: Click Here
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 10:53 AM by Bish0pQ. Edit Reason: Program updated )
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #2
Nice!
But does it work on WinXP?
[Image: 9H83e18.png]

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #3
(12-27-2016, 06:53 PM)Pikami Wrote: Nice!

Good question, will test it when I get home. I'm not sure, since the registry of XP is pretty different.

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #4
(12-27-2016, 06:58 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

Good question, will test it when I get home. I'm not sure, since the registry of XP is pretty different.

Just tested it.
It doesn't work.
[Image: 9H83e18.png]

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #5
(12-27-2016, 07:07 PM)Pikami Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 06:58 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

Just tested it.
It doesn't work.

I'll fix that when I get home.

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #6
(12-27-2016, 07:10 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:07 PM)Pikami Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 06:58 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Good question, will test it when I get home. I'm not sure, since the registry of XP is pretty different.

Just tested it.
It doesn't work.

It's just as easy to do this manually, but as far as I can tell you're just adding a context menu handler for the desktop. This would be more useful if you could add it for specific filetypes including *.* (all filetypes), or directories, and other invokers including holding down shift (which prompts a context menu with more hidden options that you can configure via regedit too).
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 12:02 AM by bitm0de.)
- mostly braindead monkeys on this forum.

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #7
This is pretty nifty!

I can't use it because i'm mostly a linux guy and rarely ever modify registry keys on Windows, but it looks quite helpful
[Image: pBD38Xq.png]

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #8
(12-28-2016, 11:59 PM)bitm0de Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:10 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:07 PM)Pikami Wrote: Just tested it.
It doesn't work.

It's just as easy to do this manually, but as far as I can tell you're just adding a context menu handler for the desktop. This would be more useful if you could add it for specific filetypes including *.* (all filetypes), or directories, and other invokers including holding down shift (which prompts a context menu with more hidden options that you can configure via regedit too).

Not for everyone, there are plenty of people that don't know how to use the registry or don't know where to add things for the context menu.

Great tip though, thank you, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, if you could elaborate? I might add it too. First I'm going to add the things that are in the thread itself (ability to remove something from the menu, and read what is in the context menu).

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #9
(12-29-2016, 10:45 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 11:59 PM)bitm0de Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:10 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: I'll fix that when I get home.

It's just as easy to do this manually, but as far as I can tell you're just adding a context menu handler for the desktop. This would be more useful if you could add it for specific filetypes including  *.* (all filetypes), or directories, and other invokers including holding down shift (which prompts a context menu with more hidden options that you can configure via regedit too).

Not for everyone, there are plenty of people that don't know how to use the registry or don't know where to add things for the context menu.

Great tip though, thank you, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, if you could elaborate? I might add it too. First I'm going to add the things that are in the thread itself (ability to remove something from the menu, and read what is in the context menu).

http://stackoverflow.com/a/2069565

^ As an example

You can also have items that show up only when you right click while holding shift. There's other UAC stuff too, and Icons, which you haven't added the functionality for which is another value. There's also submenu items that you can create from the registry for better organization.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 07:00 PM by bitm0de.)
- mostly braindead monkeys on this forum.

RE: [RELEASE] Context menu adder #10
Program is updated, check the changelog to see what has changed. Any suggestions are welcome as well.