chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed 

Python For Beginners filter_list
Author
I can add to the point of most users not liking to read long pages of text, sure if given time and we are bored out of our mind, we would consider reading such a huge piece of information, I'm trying to find shorter and more flat, plain out explanation, this is good, but not my type of learning, if I find a video or anything more basic, it would be placed around here........Laziness is not an issue or curse, it is a type of manner and rule, which I am happy to say I follow ;D

"The smart person is the one that admits their side that others call a fault, but be proud of it anyways."

~Unknown

One of my favorite quotes ^_^
[Image: RpPPaUb.png]
               ~Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ·ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ~
                           ~ux~

RE: Python For Beginners #22
(04-21-2013, 04:55 AM)Smileywebs Wrote: I can add to the point of most users not liking to read long pages of text, sure if given time and we are bored out of our mind, we would consider reading such a huge piece of information, I'm trying to find shorter and more flat, plain out explanation, this is good, but not my type of learning, if I find a video or anything more basic, it would be placed around here........Laziness is not an issue or curse, it is a type of manner and rule, which I am happy to say I follow ;D
No offense but if you didn't want to read this thread , why bother posting this comment ? IDK who reads it or not, who likes it or not, as much as it provides something good for the community it's OK for me so Guten Tag Smile
My Blog: http://www.procurity.wordpress.com
Donations: 1HLjiSbnWMpeQU46eUVCrYdbkrtduX7snG

RE: Python For Beginners #23
(04-21-2013, 05:02 AM)Ex094 Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 04:55 AM)Smileywebs Wrote: I can add to the point of most users not liking to read long pages of text, sure if given time and we are bored out of our mind, we would consider reading such a huge piece of information, I'm trying to find shorter and more flat, plain out explanation, this is good, but not my type of learning, if I find a video or anything more basic, it would be placed around here........Laziness is not an issue or curse, it is a type of manner and rule, which I am happy to say I follow ;D
No offense but if you didn't want to read this thread , why bother posting this comment ? IDK who reads it or not, who likes it or not, as much as it provides something good for the community it's OK for me so Guten Tag Smile

Lol, just saying, not shouting ;D
[Image: RpPPaUb.png]
               ~Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ·ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ~
                           ~ux~

RE: Python For Beginners #24
Nice guide, I enjoyed it. The guide was very clear and to the point, great job.

RE: Python For Beginners #25
Mr.Johny Evra Wrote:Thank u very much,sir! I like your post very much.
CS14 Wrote:Nice guide, I enjoyed it. The guide was very clear and to the point, great job.

I'm glad my tutorial helped you Smile

UPDATE: New content, Design a Proper Function via Function recipe has been added to the tutorial.

RE: Python For Beginners #26
Very nice bro Smile Well explained

RE: Python For Beginners #27
Very nice bro Smile Well explained

RE: Python For Beginners #28
With String Indexing/Slicing, remember, I think it would be important to show that negatives can be used too as indexes. That can be useful sometimes... I have no idea why the switch statement suggestion was rejected in the past for Python though. That was a dumb decision... Otherwise you could have added that in too.

Why did you choose a C++ comparison to Python though? I didn't get that part. Even if it was C to python, you could have shown more similarity:
- printf() is much more similar to print(), than cout << is.

Unless you were showing differences, but there's lots of differences for C++ compared to Python...

Another thing I might consider adding if I were you is the use of in. Lots of people forget this. And as a result, start writing code like this:
Code:
list1=[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
findNum=10
numExists=False
for i in list1:
    if i==findNum:
        numExists=True
print(numExists)

Instead of:
Code:
list1=[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
findNum=10
numExists=findNum in list1
print(numExists)

And lastly, where is type casting?? This is a basic enough concept...

JUST advice though. Great guide for beginners! Well done, and I can see the effort put forth into this. Lets expand on it a bit Smile

I was reading the rejection of the switch statement a while back though (not sure if it now exists in 3, I use 2.7...). Something like this would have been nice though...
Code:
switch True:
    case x:

break
    case y:

break

Whoever rejected this idea was a moron. There are many things that can be made efficient from a switch statement when it's used in the right places, and not to mention, readability is much better too. The way this works in many languages is the evaluation becomes effectively based off of a lookup table, depending on if you have 5 or more conditions, otherwise the overhead isn't worth it. But with lots of conditions, the benefits can rape that of an if statement...

edit: Here is actually a really ****ing interesting link for those of you interested: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/60208...-in-python
ArkPhaze
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]

RE: Python For Beginners #29
@ArkPhase Thank you for your reply and yes i'll add the switch statements, I've totally forgot about that!

RE: Python For Beginners #30
lol, you spelled my username with an 's' instead of a 'z' so I didn't get notified. switch statements do exist in python 3? I'm not very familiar with it, and I guess I could look it up, but if you already know, why should I?
ArkPhaze
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]