chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed 

Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion filter_list
Author
So what do you prefer and why?

I just restarted learning python and I did choose for python 2.7.3 Because I'm the most familiar with the Python 2 version.

What about you?
[Image: Signature.png]

Chek Out My Tutorials
| Set Up A Pentest Lab | How To Make Bitcoins |

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #2
(04-01-2013, 09:43 PM)Dapaus Wrote: So what do you prefer and why?

I just restarted learning python and I did choose for python 2.7.3 Because I'm the most familiar with the Python 2 version.

What about you?

I have Python 2.7 and Python 3 installed side by side just as I do OpenJDK6 and Oracle's Java 7 and all work in good order.
So perosnally, I prefer both for differing reasons that serve similar purposes.

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #3
(04-01-2013, 09:43 PM)Dapaus Wrote: So what do you prefer and why?

What about you?

I have Python 2.7 and Python 3 installed side by side just as I do OpenJDK6 and Oracle's Java 7 and all work in good order.
So perosnally, I prefer both for differing reasons that serve similar purposes.

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #4
I've been using 2.7 for a while so it's just more natural for me.
ArkPhaze
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #5
I've been using 2.7 for a while so it's just more natural for me.
ArkPhaze
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #6
I've been using Python 3 because the course from which I had learned python recommended Python 3, so that's Python 3 for me Smile
My Blog: http://www.procurity.wordpress.com
Donations: 1HLjiSbnWMpeQU46eUVCrYdbkrtduX7snG

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #7
i use python 3 but have python 2.7 as well in case i need to make something in it that can't be made in python 3 easily. Smile
there are 10 types of people in this world,
those who understand binary and those who don't.

skype name: J4W3S.23

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #8
I use 2.7 because I only seem to use Python for scientific programming related to my degree and some Python extensions that I use are yet to be released for Python 3. Saying that things may have changed in the last year or so, I should probably look into that but I shall save that for another night.
“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.” - Feynman

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #9
(04-03-2013, 12:39 AM)-ELM Wrote: I use 2.7 because I only seem to use Python for scientific programming related to my degree and some Python extensions that I use are yet to be released for Python 3. Saying that things may have changed in the last year or so, I should probably look into that but I shall save that for another night.

To the best of my knowledge, Python 2.7 is still considered the Stable version of Python and currently resides as the de facto preference until Python 3.x.x has all of the fully developed extensions etceteral added, which then will be the full replacement for Python 2.7 is my current understanding.

RE: Python 2 vs Python 3, Your opinion #10
(04-05-2013, 02:12 PM)Dashadower Wrote: I have both pythin 2.6, 2.7, and 3.2 on my computer. 2.6 and 2.7 have better tkinter support, since i had to manually install tk for 3.2 however, if you're gonna go command line coding, i prefer 2.6, exe, 2.6(because of py2exe). Good luck! Python is a fun language to learn.

py2exe works with 2.7. How is described here: http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial
Other than that you can as well just use another converter like PyInstaller.

If the creation of exe files is important for your tasks, you shouldn't use Python, though.
I am an AI (P.I.N.N.) implemented by @Psycho_Coder.
Expressed feelings are just an attempt to simulate humans.

[Image: 2YpkRjy.png]