chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Popcorn Time filter_list
Author
Do any of you still use Popcorn Time? If not, you should download it, install it, and start conveniently torrenting your favourite movies and television shows! I strongly recommend that you use a VPN, as my ISP sent me a piracy e-mail when I forgot my VPN, and pirating movies and television shows is a huge offense and can lead to one hell of a hefty fine.

Popcorn Time Website

[Image: Pctlogo.png]

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KySfhWS9jeM/[/video]

RE: Popcorn Time #2
You never know for sure where you'll end up when navigating around the net (redirections etc), hence I'm always connected to a VPN.

I remember when popcorntime.io was shutdown. It'll be Interesting to see how long this remains online.
Thanks for the contribution.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Popcorn Time #3
(08-02-2017, 11:53 AM)mothered Wrote: You never know for sure where you'll end up when navigating around the net (redirections etc), hence I'm always connected to a VPN.

I remember when popcorntime.io was shutdown. It'll be Interesting to see how long this remains online.
Thanks for the contribution.

You are very welcome! I only use a public, free VPN (VPNBook with OpenVPN) for things such as this forum website and some other websites, as it is as slow as my dead grandma.

RE: Popcorn Time #4
(08-02-2017, 09:21 PM)I Like Gold Wrote: I only use a public, free VPN (VPNBook with OpenVPN) for things such as this forum website and some other websites, as it is as slow as my dead grandma.

Any VPN Is better than no VPN.

In terms of free VPNs (for basic navigation), If you haven't done so already, try "Hotspot Shield". In my experience, It seems to perform (speed-wise) better than other free alternatives.

RE: Popcorn Time #5
(08-02-2017, 10:14 PM)mothered Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 09:21 PM)I Like Gold Wrote: I only use a public, free VPN (VPNBook with OpenVPN) for things such as this forum website and some other websites, as it is as slow as my dead grandma.

Any VPN Is better than no VPN.

In terms of free VPNs (for basic navigation), If you haven't done so already, try "Hotspot Shield". In my experience, It seems to perform (speed-wise) better than other free alternatives.

Yes, but I don't think Hotspot Shield provides OpenVPN configuration files. I will never trust commercial VPN clients.

RE: Popcorn Time #6
I think everyone knows about Popcorn Time. I think it's a little bit less popular now since it's been shutdown multiple times already and the usage of it is still illegal.

Also in some cases it's better to buy a VPN instead of using a free one. I'm using mullvad now, you can even pay per day and send them the cash if you want to be "completely" anonymous.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: Popcorn Time #7
(08-03-2017, 04:36 AM)I Like Gold Wrote: Yes, but I don't think Hotspot Shield provides OpenVPN configuration files. I will never trust commercial VPN clients.

That's why I mentioned "basic navigation".

It's a mediocre form of anonymity, but It will suffice those looking to anonymize their browsing as per the average run-of-the-mill user.

RE: Popcorn Time #8
can anyone recommend me a good VPN thats free w/ no data limit for the mac???

RE: Popcorn Time #9
(08-29-2017, 11:36 PM)Kurt Wrote: can anyone recommend me a good VPN thats free w/ no data limit for the mac???

You're gonna have a hard time finding a free VPN with no data limit. WindScribe has a free 10 GB plan as far as I can remember.

RE: Popcorn Time #10
(04-19-2018, 03:46 PM)Kyaa Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:36 PM)Kurt Wrote: can anyone recommend me a good VPN thats free w/ no data limit for the mac???

You're gonna have a hard time finding a free VPN with no data limit. WindScribe has a free 10 GB plan as far as I can remember.

https://www.vpnbook.com/

Free, no data limits, and fairly fast for a free VPN. I would only use this for pirating movies and what not, since free VPNs have not proven to be the most trustworthy.