chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Phantasy Star Online 2
Author
[Image: Phantasy-Star-Online-2-image-696x344.png]

Release: July 4, 2012 (JP)
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4
Genre: Action role-playing, MMORPG, third-person shooter

Released as a sequel to the successful dreamcast MMO Phantasy Star Online (2000) PSO2 is very much a hidden gem. It has a TON of customization options, a dual class system, and an unique art style.
However, there is no NA/EU release (A NA release was announced at E3 this year) so getting online with it can be a bit of a challenge. Thankfully, there's a great tool buy a dedicated group of fans to help you get started:
PSO2 Tweaker by Arks-layer:
https://arks-layer.com/
It even includes a fan translation patch that translates (most) of the game into English! There's also an official discord if you need further help.
http://discord.gg/pso2
Spoiler:
[Image: pso2_2019-06-09_20-17-11.png]

[Image: pso2_2019-06-09_20-20-42.png]

[Image: pso2_2019-06-09_21-14-20.png]

[Image: pso2_2019-06-09_20-48-34.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2019, 12:18 AM by Skullmeat.)
[Image: Y3jduas.png]

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 #2
This game is actually pretty good. Went in with low expectations, because it's not AAA. North American version was announced at E3, should be interesting to see what happens. If anyone is interested in playing we'd be happy to help them get started. @Jiggly-chan, @Skullmeat, and I all play.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 #3
(06-11-2019, 12:19 AM)Oni Wrote: This game is actually pretty good. Went in with low expectations, because it's not AAA. North American version was announced at E3, should be interesting to see what happens. If anyone is interested in playing we'd be happy to help them get started. @Jiggly-chan, @Skullmeat, and I all play.

Definitely. I'm on 3-4 hours a night, so if anyone wants to play they can hit me up.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 #4
Can also vouch for the game being good - I've been playing since ~2013 with a group of friends and now again with coworkers, more friends out of school, and possibly anyone else off of here if there's some stuff that goes on. Even if the game isn't expected to get supported past ~2022 and the western release is ~7years late it's still definitely worth picking up.

I don't play nearly that quick so expect me to lag behind but I'm always happy to get on if I have the time.
airgames, on 08 Dec 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:
close this discussion of dick !!
I broke !!
thanks

'backin89', on 22 Dec 2010 - 6:40 PM, said:
Igot your fucking crackpipe bitch. i dont even smoke cigarrettes. i hope you all sleep in the fucking cold

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 #5
I feel like I missed out somehow. I don't remember even hearing about this game until now.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook." ~ Filthy Franku

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 #6
Just hit lvl 75. If you guys wanna play, now is def the time. Boss Rush gives great XP
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 10:31 PM by Skullmeat.)

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 #7
(06-11-2019, 01:10 AM)Drako Wrote: I feel like I missed out somehow. I don't remember even hearing about this game until now.

I hadn't heard about it until Skullmeat introduced us. I also leveled to 75. It's good fun. There are lots of ways to level up fast and plenty of customization including your character, weapon camos (skins) and your own room/dormitory.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]