chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!

Permanently deleted file on Windows filter_list
Author
Is there a way to get back permanently deleted files on Windows as we do in Android

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #2
Quote:Is there a way to get back permanently deleted files on Windows
Yes there Is.

Simply stated, a file Is not permanently deleted until another file takes It's place on the sector/block of the hard disk, hence the more activity performed, the less likely of a successful recovery. There are countless recovery tools, too many to mention. As a starting point, try Recuva.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #3
Yes it's possible to recover deleted files.

Here's some computer science. Whenever a file is deleted, it's not ACTUALLY deleted. This goes for all operating systems by the way. The file just gets sent to a special folder. Think of it as an incinerator room. And data is sent to this incinerator room so that the data can be overwritten. Computer data cannot literally be deleted. It has to be overwritten. So say you have a file that is 1GB, and you just deleted a 500MB file. If you have 1GB of free space on your hard drive, then that 500MB file will be overwritten to accommodate that 1GB file you want to download.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook." ~ Filthy Frank

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #4
If it wasn't a Windows system file, then you may want to use Recuva, or a similar utility like @mothered recommended.

If you deleted a Windows system file, you can run the following command via command prompt:
Code:
sfc /scannow
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#6099
Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #5
My favorite program that is very good at finding easy and hard is getdataback simple
We need to have a talk on the subject of what's yours and what's mine.

I am a computer and electronics tech if it has a circuit board it can be fixed.
I also own a ton of scary programs that you can have.

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #6
(10-31-2019, 08:42 PM)Oni Wrote: If you deleted a Windows system file, you can run the following command via command prompt:
Code:
sfc /scannow
This ^

Be sure to execute the command prompt with elevated privileges. That Is, run as administrator.

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #7
using chrome flags you can solve your most problems check this https://www.triveditech.com/chrome-flags-enable/

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #8
Digital shredding is the only way to go with a healthy disk corruption to render the data useless

RE: Permanently deleted file on Windows #9
(01-28-2020, 04:01 AM)Gitzer Wrote: Digital shredding is the only way to go with a healthy disk corruption to render the data useless

The OP Is asking to recover files, and not permanently delete beyond recovery.

This thread Is around 3 months old, so I'd say It's safe to assume that the OP's request has been fulfilled.