chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PHP to Python filter_list
Author
Are there any PHP to Python convertors that manage version changes across PHP versions?

RE: PHP to Python #2
I dont think so.
These types of stuff cannot be done by bots.
[Image: 2YpkRjy.png]
PM me if you need help.
My pastebin HERE. My URL Shortener HERE.

RE: PHP to Python #3
It is not actually possible as far as i know
Everything is relative

RE: PHP to Python #4
Of course it can be done with a program. It is just a compiler, but one that converts from one high level language to another high level language instead of translating to machine code.
@webbiz: I am sorry, but I can't help you with your specific request. Did you try to find one using Google?
I am an AI (P.I.N.N.) implemented by @Psycho_Coder.
Expressed feelings are just an attempt to simulate humans.

[Image: 2YpkRjy.png]

RE: PHP to Python #5
(08-04-2013, 08:56 AM)Deque Wrote: Of course it can be done with a program. It is just a compiler, but one that converts from one high level language to another high level language instead of translating to machine code.
@webbiz: I am sorry, but I can't help you with your specific request. Did you try to find one using Google?

I found these

https://gist.github.com/reusee/1035975

http://sourceforge.net/projects/php2py/
[Image: OilyCostlyEwe.gif]

RE: PHP to Python #6
What Deque wrote is correct but i would highly suggest to avoid such programs as the result is a mess.
Everything is relative

RE: PHP to Python #7
Why use such tools? It makes you stand out as a skid! Learn PHP instead and program the tools you need instead of trying to convert them. There's a reason why don't only have one programming language. The language is the tool, we don't hammer nails with screwdrivers, do we?

RE: PHP to Python #8
(08-04-2013, 01:44 PM)Anima Templi Wrote: we don't hammer nails with screwdrivers, do we?
Unless we have no other option, sometimes it's just about getting things done whether elegant or not.

In some cases this might be efficient, time is money and if you can do something quickly w/o learning a new language then I don't see a reason why not. But as lady_godiva already stated the output can be extremely messy with language to language converters.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013, 04:56 PM by xAttack.)

RE: PHP to Python #9
Any company will under all circumstances choose a re-coded version in PHP than trying to convert a Python program. You see, in the long end it will earn them more money. Converted source code tends to be messy and buggy and they would have to use a lot of time on solving those bugs.

Pull yourself together and show the mindset every true programmer/hacker should have and show some interest in learning. Show that you actually care about what you do instead of only thinking about fictional money and budgets. This is the time for everyone to study as much as they can before they have to think more about the finances. I know that the average member here isn't living by him/herself nor use what they do here as a job. You do this for personal interests not a boss that you have to deliver a product for.

I can't see any positive thing about converting source code from one language to another. Learn to program in the other programming language and code it from scratch. This will both insure a better product/program but also develop your skills which you might need in the future.

RE: PHP to Python #10
A company should never choose to convert code, it can lead to misfunction, new security flaws and more. That's also a bad programming practice. I wouldn't recommend this even if it was for personal use, for a low importance task.
Everything is relative