chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

filter_list Otaku Otaku Applications [OPEN]
Author
(01-06-2017, 06:40 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 06:28 PM)Mystique Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 06:27 PM)Jiggly Wrote: Thanks for you application! Again, let me know when you've made your contribution and I'll assess your application Smile
Nice selection of shows!

Thank you! Have any suggestions as the Anime thing will be in the future.

OO I did contribute once. $10 giveaway. https://sinister.ly/Thread-10-Gift-card-giveaway
@GOD won. I forgot completely about that.

The contributions required or Otaku are specific to the Anime and Manga section I'm afraid. I must say though, that's super nice of you!
You could write reviews (include a rating out of 5 so it can be added to the archive at some point). Other ideas include creating threads for general discussion that get a bunch of replies and/or creating threads listing your recommendations. It could be a thread for resource sharing such as showing people where to find cool anime&manga merchandise/wallpapers/anime tracking sites. Some examples where others have made contributions are listed below:

I been holding on the YOI review release, but here it is Biggrin
https://sinister.ly/Thread-%E3%83%A6%E3%...#pid741201

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #32
Username: @Silence
Nickname: Silence / King / Shadow
Top Three Anime:
  • No Game, No Life - I absolutely love the idea of a world where everything is settled via 'games', it appeases to me both as a gamer as well as an anime fan. The completely nonsensical and dark humor at times, as noted when Sora calls an Atom Bomb, kept me wanting more, and I absolutely cannot wait until Season 2 makes its debut.
  • My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy - For those of you that love harem anime, this is the one for you. It's completely filled with humor, crude and innocent at times, an amnesiac angel and a good-for-nothing God that doesn't want to be God.
  • Twin-Star Exorcists - This has been one of favorite anime that's been recently airing. The real world was cast aside by an extremely powerful exorcist and everyone exists in a copy world essentially, it can be a tad dark at times with some of the plot twists, but it's kept me interested throughout the season.
Contributions (Not necessarily Anime related however):
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 06:09 AM by Silence.)
❮  Let's play a little game of Russian Roulette, you load the gun I'll put it to my head. ❯
[Image: ho8QDM0.gif]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #33
Name - Popeye/Shin.
Link - https://sinister.ly/User-Popeye

Most Recent Contributions -
https://sinister.ly/Thread-FREE-ANIME-SITES
https://sinister.ly/Thread-How-to-shutdo...ter-system
https://sinister.ly/Thread-ADMIN-LOG-INS-ON-SITE
https://sinister.ly/Thread-800-Fresh-Proxies

TOP 3 Shows -
Hunter X Hunter,
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi,
And finally,
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?

TOP 3 Manga -
Bleach,
Death Note,
And finally,
Shingeki No Kyojin (AOT).

How long I've been watching anime -

You won't understand, how long ago, but it's been like 5 - 6 years now.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2017, 07:31 PM by Shin.)
[Image: hJkWWcF.png]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #34
(04-26-2017, 06:39 PM)Popeye Wrote: Name - Popeye/Shin.
Link - https://sinister.ly/User-Popeye

TOP 3 Shows -
Hunter X Hunter,
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi,
And finally,
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?

TOP 3 Manga -
Bleach,
Death Note,
And finally,
Shingeki No Kyojin (AOT).

You won't understand, how long ago, but it's been like 5 - 6 years now.

Thank you for your application. I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence?
There's just one section missing from your application - Evidence of contributions to the A&M section. If your last sentence was in relation to that, then I would still need to see evidence of recent contributions. If you don't have threads or other HQ contributions in the A&M section yet, once you do have those, I can re-asses your application.

A reminder for requirements:
Spoiler:
Requirements:
Have an absolute minimum of 15 posts. Normally this activity based requirement would be much higher but we would like to give new members a chance to apply.
Present a contribution on the form – threads/reviews/high quality discussion prompts/streaming services or hosting. A contribution in this context is defined as a high quality contributions in the Anime & Manga section. If you would like any advice or assistance with this (especially if you are a new member to SL) then please do not hesitate to contact me. Customer and I are very interested in including more members in our Otaku family, so please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. You can post them below, or just PM us on SL or Discord.
An interest in Anime/Manga.
Be respectful, adhere to SL’s rules and guidelines and enjoy yourself.

Please ensure your application includes the following:
Username/nickname
Top 3 shows/manga
Contribution (as described in the requirements section)
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #35
@Jiggly-chan

Done. Hope you like.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #36
I would like to join this group, which suits one of my favorite hobbies

Nickname-SuperNinja(Super or Ninja-Nickname)
User Profile-https://sinister.ly/User-SuperNinja

Top 3 shows-My top 3 shows are
1.SAO(Sword Art Online
2.Naruto
3.Bleach(Both Manga and Anime)

Contribution-
My most recent and best contribution will be my Anime List, which will be updated Frequently as I watch new anime
MY LIST

Hope you like my application tell me if you watched some if not all of the anime in my list Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 12:40 AM by SuperNinja.)

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #37
(04-27-2017, 11:12 AM)Shin Wrote: @Jiggly-chan

Done. Hope you like.

I appreciate your threads, although I will hold off adding you to Otaku, for now. The reason for this is because most, if not all of the threads contained fair quantities of copied and pasted reviews/synopsis etc without any citation. While we don't mind you sharing copied information, we do need you to reference it and not present it as if it were you're own words. Once you start posting using your own words and use references and links where they are not your own words, then I will re-asses. Thank you again for your efforts thus far.

(04-28-2017, 12:38 AM)SuperNinja Wrote: I would like to join this group, which suits one of my favorite hobbies

1.SAO(Sword Art Online
2.Naruto

Contribution-
My most recent and best contribution will be my Anime List, which will be updated Frequently as I watch new anime
MY LIST

Hope you like my application tell me if you watched some if not all of the anime in my list Smile

Thank you for your application! I would usually want more evidence of contributions but I see the list takes quite some time to put together and you're a brand new member. You are successful and will be added to the Otaku usergroup shortly. I would like to give you a heads up, though. If, for whatever reason you go inactive or add no new threads/posts to the anime & manga section you may be removed from the group until you return to activity. For now, I've already seen multiple posts and your list in the section so I'm very happy with your efforts in just 3 days. Welcome to the Otaku family!

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #38
(04-30-2017, 10:12 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Done. Hope you like.

I appreciate your threads, although I will hold off adding you to Otaku, for now. The reason for this is because most, if not all of the threads contained fair quantities of copied and pasted reviews/synopsis etc without any citation. While we don't mind you sharing copied information, we do need you to reference it and not present it as if it were you're own words. Once you start posting using your own words and use references and links where they are not your own words, then I will re-asses. Thank you again for your efforts thus far.

(04-28-2017, 12:38 AM)SuperNinja Wrote: I would like to join this group, which suits one of my favorite hobbies

1.SAO(Sword Art Online
2.Naruto

Contribution-
MY LIST

Thank you for your application! I would usually want more evidence of contributions but I see the list takes quite some time to put together and you're a brand new member. You are successful and will be added to the Otaku usergroup shortly. I would like to give you a heads up, though. If, for whatever reason you go inactive or add no new threads/posts to the anime & manga section you may be removed from the group until you return to activity. For now, I've already seen multiple posts and your list in the section so I'm very happy with your efforts in just 3 days. Welcome to the Otaku family!

Thank you for accepting me to you wonderful group I will be as active as I can. I replied to your post and would love for you to help me add the genres for all the anime I post on my list to make it more detailed.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #39

Done. Hope you like.

1.SAO(Sword Art Online
2.Naruto

Contribution-
MY LIST

Eh, Jiggly.
I've edited it again
Hope you like.
By the way, I'm not gonna stop applying when you reject. Wink I'm pretty decent.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #40
(05-05-2017, 07:32 PM)Shin Wrote:

Done. Hope you like.

1.SAO(Sword Art Online
2.Naruto

Contribution-
MY LIST

Eh, Jiggly.
I've edited it again
Hope you like.
By the way, I'm not gonna stop applying when you reject. Wink I'm pretty decent.

Ha, I'm pleased to hear that. Your recent threads are much better! You're in. Just remember, members will be removed if they become dormant/banned/don't keep up the A&M threads/posts etc. Welcome!