chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

filter_list Otaku Otaku Applications [OPEN]
Author
(12-27-2016, 02:28 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 02:18 AM)Inori Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 01:50 AM)Jiggly Wrote: On another note: I am really curious as to what is happening with season 3 of SAO right now O.o

Lol, I'm not. It went to shit in the second (or was it third?) arc, got a little better when GGO was introduced, then went back down the drain when they all went back to ALO. The producers should've quit while they were ahead imo.

Isn't it based on a manga series though? I kinda like the ALO bit but I think that has more to do with me being a girly girl that it actually being that great. But, I read somewhere they were going to also make a live action third season which I pray isn't true.

iirc they pulled a Game of Thrones and diverged from the manga, making the anime kind of like an AU after a certain point, but it's still technically canon.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #22
If anyone is thinking about applying I HIGHLY suggest you do, such a great group.
'You can't just have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry! [Image: A993dMx.png?1]

[+] 1 user Likes Aeolian-chan's post

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #23
(12-27-2016, 02:35 AM)Inori Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 02:28 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 02:18 AM)Inori Wrote: Lol, I'm not. It went to shit in the second (or was it third?) arc, got a little better when GGO was introduced, then went back down the drain when they all went back to ALO. The producers should've quit while they were ahead imo.

Isn't it based on a manga series though? I kinda like the ALO bit but I think that has more to do with me being a girly girl that it actually being that great. But, I read somewhere they were going to also make a live action third season which I pray isn't true.

iirc they pulled a Game of Thrones and diverged from the manga, making the anime kind of like an AU after a certain point, but it's still technically canon.

Fair enough! I wasn't that clued in!

(12-27-2016, 03:21 AM)Aeolian Wrote: If anyone is thinking about applying I HIGHLY suggest you do, such a great group.

Thank you! It's one of the longest surviving groups and I hope we see some more people in here!

Don't forget to check the requirements for applications before making yours!
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #24
Username/nickname : Devil
Top 3 shows/manga : DeathNote, One Piece, Tokyo ghoul
Contribution (as described in the requirements section) : Yes i will try my best to contribute in anime section.
(12-27-2016, 01:50 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 03:23 PM)Darksider Wrote: @Jiggly-chan here is my application

- I love anime, It would be nice to have people suggesting and reviewing new anime.
- Around 2-5 hr a day
- Anime i've watched : One Piece, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Dragon Ball, Naruto, SAO, High School Series, Tokyo ghoul, No Game No Life, The seven deadly sins,Hunter x Hunter, Overload and many more
- My Fav. Anime : Death Note

Thank you very much for you application. Although, please remember the following that was listed in the original thread post:

Please ensure your application includes the following:
  • Username/nickname
  • Top 3 shows/manga
  • Contribution (as described in the requirements section)

On another note: I am really curious as to what is happening with season 3 of SAO right now O.o

@Jiggly-chan
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM by Darksider.)
Need help with Java, Android and PHP? PM me anytime.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #25
Worth a shot.

Hey. My name is Zenith. I would rather not give out any more info than that. My name is Zenith, and you can call me Zenith.

I am not the most into anime. Sure, I have been getting into it. And have a basic knowledge / watched some shows. But I do not proclaim that I am a "Weeaboo" like some other people do. I have read some manga, and watched some anime. But not to an extreme amount

My top 3 favorite Animes would have to be

1. One Punch Man. I love the entire idea to the show and it is extremely entertaining to watch

2. Attack on Titan. I was told to watch it to get into anime, and Jesus Christ. 5 minutes into it and I was "hooked". Ik that sounds cliche, but hey. Cliche's exist for a reason

3. Dragonball Super: My friend got a Crunchyroll account just for that. And he gave me the pass for me to watch whatever I wanted. (I have some good friends). When I started watching it I was like "ugh this show is so fucking tacky and lame". But after one episode I wanted to watch more.

A really good manga that I have read a bit was Ultra Maniac. It isn't super popular by my knowledge. But when my sister was in a manga phase she bought these, and in like 5th grade I read them. it's this cheesy, magic, romantic, manga that I personally can't get enough of. I only read to the third edition, and I am looking for more.

Now I have not actually read any other mangas. Sure I have seen some, and I tried. But I just couldn't get into it. I hope it doesn't hurt my chances of getting in this group, but I am willing to get into something else. So if you guys can at least recommend a manga, or an anime show to me. I will be sure to watch it in my free time. (If it seems interesting enough anyway).

Now my contributions haven't really been "Anime" related. But I have contributed a little amount due to the few days I have been here. I remember posting a hell of a lot of music, which I am still into. I have also posted some tutorials, and some code for dumb shit. Also released a database that had around 13 million accounts, and I have a lot more too.

Hope you can take my application into consideration. And thank you for reading.

~Zenith
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 10:48 PM by : Zenith.)
Who Knows?

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #26
(12-27-2016, 10:15 AM)Darksider Wrote: Username/nickname : Devil
Top 3 shows/manga : DeathNote, One Piece, Tokyo ghoul
Contribution (as described in the requirements section) : Yes i will try my best to contribute in anime section.
(12-27-2016, 01:50 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 03:23 PM)Darksider Wrote: @Jiggly-chan here is my application

- I love anime, It would be nice to have people suggesting and reviewing new anime.
- Around 2-5 hr a day
- Anime i've watched : One Piece, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Dragon Ball, Naruto, SAO, High School Series, Tokyo ghoul, No Game No Life, The seven deadly sins,Hunter x Hunter, Overload and many more
- My Fav. Anime : Death Note

Thank you very much for you application. Although, please remember the following that was listed in the original thread post:

Please ensure your application includes the following:
  • Username/nickname
  • Top 3 shows/manga
  • Contribution (as described in the requirements section)

On another note: I am really curious as to what is happening with season 3 of SAO right now O.o

@Jiggly-chan

Thank you for updating your application. The Otaku group is currently looking for members who will be pro-active in the Anime and Manga section. Unfortunately, you only have two posts in the section to date and the requirements include contributions. A reminder of what that means: Threads/reviews/high quality discussion prompts/streaming services or hosting. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you'd like some advice on contributions and if you meet that requirement in future, let me know and we shall re-asses your application! Smile

(01-02-2017, 10:38 PM)Zenith Wrote: Worth a shot.

Hey. My name is Zenith. I would rather not give out any more info than that. My name is Zenith, and you can call me Zenith.

I am not the most into anime. Sure, I have been getting into it. And have a basic knowledge / watched some shows. But I do not proclaim that I am a "Weeaboo" like some other people do. I have read some manga, and watched some anime. But not to an extreme amount

My top 3 favorite Animes would have to be

1. One Punch Man. I love the entire idea to the show and it is extremely entertaining to watch

2. Attack on Titan. I was told to watch it to get into anime, and Jesus Christ. 5 minutes into it and I was "hooked". Ik that sounds cliche, but hey. Cliche's exist for a reason

3. Dragonball Super: My friend got a Crunchyroll account just for that. And he gave me the pass for me to watch whatever I wanted. (I have some good friends). When I started watching it I was like "ugh this show is so fucking tacky and lame". But after one episode I wanted to watch more.

A really good manga that I have read a bit was Ultra Maniac. It isn't super popular by my knowledge. But when my sister was in a manga phase she bought these, and in like 5th grade I read them. it's this cheesy, magic, romantic, manga that I personally can't get enough of. I only read to the third edition, and I am looking for more.

Now I have not actually read any other mangas. Sure I have seen some, and I tried. But I just couldn't get into it. I hope it doesn't hurt my chances of getting in this group, but I am willing to get into something else. So if you guys can at least recommend a manga, or an anime show to me. I will be sure to watch it in my free time. (If it seems interesting enough anyway).

Now my contributions haven't really been "Anime" related. But I have contributed a little amount due to the few days I have been here. I remember posting a hell of a lot of music, which I am still into. I have also posted some tutorials, and some code for dumb shit. Also released a database that had around 13 million accounts, and I have a lot more too.

Hope you can take my application into consideration. And thank you for reading.

~Zenith

Thank you very much for your application! I'm pleased with how much you put into it and I must say, I also love Attack on Titan! I'm totally hooked.
I can see your posts have been pretty good and thank you for your overall forum contributions. However, the Otaku group is specific to the Anime and Manga section, so if you'd like to make a couple threads in this section and share them with me, I'll be able to asses your application. I'm more than happy to help you create threads/reviews etc but it's important that Otaku members continue to boost the groups activity and quality, so we want to see that interest before letting members join us.

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly-chan's post

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #27
My name is Mystique. I love anime and my top 5 would probably have to be Tokyo Ghoul, Magi, Love Stage, Yuri on Ice (ADORABLE-NESS), Attack on Titan though there are many others I loved. Contributions? I currently have none, but once I finish learning how SQL works, I plan on making a To Watch list (Anime related) and as well as Suggestions/Reviews of animes. ^.>

Thanks for considering me,
Mystique.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 10:54 PM by Vespei.)

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #28
(01-05-2017, 10:53 PM)Mystique Wrote: My name is Mystique. I love anime and my top 5 would probably have to be Tokyo Ghoul, Magi, Love Stage, Yuri on Ice (ADORABLE-NESS), Attack on Titan though there are many others I loved. Contributions? I currently have none, but once I finish learning how SQL works, I plan on making a To Watch list (Anime related) and as well as Suggestions/Reviews of animes. ^.>

Mystique.

Thanks for you application! Again, let me know when you've made your contribution and I'll assess your application Smile
Nice selection of shows!

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #29
(01-06-2017, 06:27 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 10:53 PM)Mystique Wrote: My name is Mystique. I love anime and my top 5 would probably have to be Tokyo Ghoul, Magi, Love Stage, Yuri on Ice (ADORABLE-NESS), Attack on Titan though there are many others I loved. Contributions? I currently have none, but once I finish learning how SQL works, I plan on making a To Watch list (Anime related) and as well as Suggestions/Reviews of animes. ^.>

Mystique.

Thanks for you application! Again, let me know when you've made your contribution and I'll assess your application Smile
Nice selection of shows!

Thank you! Have any suggestions as the Anime thing will be in the future.

OO I did contribute once. $10 giveaway. https://sinister.ly/Thread-10-Gift-card-giveaway
@GOD won. I forgot completely about that.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #30
(01-06-2017, 06:28 PM)Mystique Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 06:27 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Mystique.

Nice selection of shows!

Thank you! Have any suggestions as the Anime thing will be in the future.

OO I did contribute once. $10 giveaway. https://sinister.ly/Thread-10-Gift-card-giveaway
@GOD won. I forgot completely about that.

The contributions required or Otaku are specific to the Anime and Manga section I'm afraid. I must say though, that's super nice of you!
You could write reviews (include a rating out of 5 so it can be added to the archive at some point). Other ideas include creating threads for general discussion that get a bunch of replies and/or creating threads listing your recommendations. It could be a thread for resource sharing such as showing people where to find cool anime&manga merchandise/wallpapers/anime tracking sites. Some examples where others have made contributions are listed below: