chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Otaku Otaku Applications [OPEN] filter_list
Author
Otaku Recruitment
Time to open the gates once again. This time, we’re doing things a little differently. I’ll elaborate in the requirements section of this thread.

What is Otaku?
This a group where members who are interested in Anime and Manga can come together to share recommendations, interests, reviews and news about their common interest. This group is one of the oldest and more successful groups in Sinisterly and we have been known to hold competitions and anime streaming events. The streaming events are usually based on show recommendations from our members.

In order to become a part of Otaku, (with benefits of; the Otaku username which is your username + "-chan" and the purple Otaku colouring, the exclusive Otaku prefix for your threads, Otaku userbar, access to Otaku group discussion boards and Discord chats and an opportunity to share a very common interest with SL members), you need to follow the requirements (see below).

Requirements:
  • Have an absolute minimum of 15 posts. Normally this activity based requirement would be much higher but we would like to give new members a chance to apply.
  • Present a contribution on the forum, in the Anime and Manga section – threads/reviews/high quality discussion prompts/streaming services or hosting. A contribution in this context is defined as a high quality contributions in the Anime & Manga section. If you would like any advice or assistance with this (especially if you are a new member to SL) then please do not hesitate to contact me. Customer and I are very interested in including more members in our Otaku family, so please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. You can post them below, or just PM us on SL or Discord.
  • An interest in Anime/Manga.
  • Be respectful, adhere to SL’s rules and guidelines and enjoy yourself.

Please ensure your application includes the following:
  • Username/nickname
  • Top 3 shows/manga
  • Contribution (as described in the requirements section)

I am leaving it up to the applicants to decide how they want to present this information. Be creative but keep it presentable! I will look at each application and you will be informed if you are successful.

UPDATE: From looking at the latest applications, I noticed many people are applying without any contributions. From now on, your application will be on hold until you're able to link some contributions as these are the MOST IMPORTANT part of your application.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #2
Good luck to all the incoming applicants!
[Image: master645.png]

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.” ― The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #3
FYI: This is still open.

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #4
Didn't even know this was open. I highly recommend this group, as it's one of the oldest and most reputable. I heard it will have more of an edge in gaming, in the future.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #5
Goodluck to everyone, highly recommend this group, the name looks sexy.
'You can't just have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry! [Image: A993dMx.png?1]

RE: /NEW/ Otaku anime group recruitment thread. #6
Username: Elf
Profile link: https://sinister.ly/User-Elf
How long have you been into anime?: 4 years on and off.
How often do you post in the A&M section?: Everyday since I joined I guess.
Will you help anime grow on the forum?: Yeah.
Why do you like anime?: Its fun to watch and is better than anything else. I mean have you seen some of the stuff they have on TV now.
Why do you want in this group?: Would be pretty interesting.
[Image: OP.png]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #7
Apparently I stickied the wrong thread. This is the current. Good luck to all applicants.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #8
(11-30-2016, 08:44 PM)Elf Wrote: Username: Elf
Profile link: https://sinister.ly/User-Elf
How long have you been into anime?: 4 years on and off.
How often do you post in the A&M section?: Everyday since I joined I guess.
Will you help anime grow on the forum?: Yeah.
Why do you like anime?: Its fun to watch and is better than anything else. I mean have you seen some of the stuff they have on TV now.
Why do you want in this group?: Would be pretty interesting.

Please refer back to the original post or my PM. Thank you for applying but the application process has changed. I will of course take into account what you have shared here in addition to the current application format, so it's not a wasted effort!

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #9
Elf or Omoi

Top 3 shows:
K-ON!
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hunter x Hunter

Top 3 manga:
Nekojiru Udon
Mai-chan no Nichijou
Tokyo Akazukin

Didn't join to long ago but been pretty active in anime section
[Image: OP.png]

RE: Otaku Applications [OPEN] #10
(11-30-2016, 11:21 PM)Elf Wrote: Elf or Omoi

Top 3 shows:
K-ON!
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hunter x Hunter

Top 3 manga:
Nekojiru Udon
Mai-chan no Nichijou
Tokyo Akazukin

Didn't join to long ago but been pretty active in anime section

Thank you very much for creating the new application. I will let you know if you're successful shortly Smile