chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Otaku Nintendo's Kirby Namesake Passed Away filter_list
Author
John Kirby, an attorney who represented Nintendo in a lawsuit filed by Universal City Studios, recently passed away aged 79. The lawsuit was a dispute regarding whether the Donkey Kong character infringed on Universal City Studios King Kong rights. As thanks to John Kirby, the adorable Kirby character was named after him. He was also given a sailboat called Donkey Kong by Nintendo as further thanks.

[Image: John-Kirby-Article-201910061831.jpg]

In the article I found, there is further description of the guy and the lawsuit. It's pretty interesting. It's sad that the first time I have heard about the man, is from an article mentioning he passed away.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Nintendo's Kirby Namesake Passed Away #2
Didn't know Kirby was named after an attorney, that makes him even more awesome.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post

RE: Nintendo's Kirby Namesake Passed Away #3
It's tragic to hear/read the passing of someone who has served society In a positive manner.

May he rest In peace.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Nintendo's Kirby Namesake Passed Away #4
May he rest In peace, and i like Kirby

RE: Nintendo's Kirby Namesake Passed Away #5
(10-08-2019, 08:56 AM)mothered Wrote: It's tragic to hear/read the passing of someone who has served society In a positive manner.

May he rest In peace.

Especially given his involvement in Voting Rights and Civil Rights. What an interesting man.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Nintendo's Kirby Namesake Passed Away #6
(10-10-2019, 04:05 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 08:56 AM)mothered Wrote: It's tragic to hear/read the passing of someone who has served society In a positive manner.

May he rest In peace.

Especially given his involvement in Voting Rights and Civil Rights. What an interesting man.

Yes, I've read quite a bit about him.

After so many decades of research, I'm at a loss as to how the medical sector have yet to find a cure for cancer. So many beautiful lives could've been saved.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]