chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Otaku Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service filter_list
Author
Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #1
Apparently HBO Max will have anime added to its roster. Both Crunchyroll and Adult Swim are known for their anime, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Quote:WarnerMedia, the new content company created after AT&T's acquisition of Time Warner in June 2018, announced on Tuesday that Crunchyroll, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and Rooster Teeth will all offer content on its newly revealed HBO Max streaming service when the service launches next spring. WarnerMedia said that HBO Max will premiere with 10,000 hours of premium content from these and other WarnerMedia brands, such as Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, and Looney Tunes.

WarnerMedia announced a reorganization of its divisions in March that is bringing many of its subsidiaries and brands — including Otter Media (Ellation, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, VRV), Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and Boomerang — into a single "Global Kids & Young Adults" unit.
Crunchyroll currently has 50 million registered users with 2 million streaming subscribers. The company offers more than 1,000 titles and 30,000 episodes.

Update: Crunchyroll clarified with ANN on Wednesday that only select content from Crunchyroll will be available on HBO Max. Crunchyroll's own platform will remain as the only service to offer the company's full library.

Read More: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20...ce/.148855
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #2
That actually makes HBO almost tempting. There's still too many streaming services though. I don't want to purchase 5 separate subscriptions to get my anime fill, which is a shame.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #3
(07-15-2019, 07:11 AM)Jiggly Wrote: That actually makes HBO almost tempting. There's still too many streaming services though. I don't want to purchase 5 separate subscriptions to get my anime fill, which is a shame.

It seems like everyone is trying to compete by starting their own services. I've seen Netflix and Crunchyroll remove many of my favorite titles, likely due to this. Would be nice to see these services work together more to provide a broader catalog.

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #4
(07-21-2019, 01:15 PM)Oni Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 07:11 AM)Jiggly Wrote: That actually makes HBO almost tempting. There's still too many streaming services though. I don't want to purchase 5 separate subscriptions to get my anime fill, which is a shame.

It seems like everyone is trying to compete by starting their own services. I've seen Netflix and Crunchyroll remove many of my favorite titles, likely due to this. Would be nice to see these services work together more to provide a broader catalog.

I think the other issue with Crunchyroll and Netflix, is a lot of their content is based on temporary contracts. For example, Netflix may have the right to stream a particular shows for only 2 years, and then they have to remove it. On the other hand, we do have shows disappearing - for example the Marvel shows on Netflix, as Marvel are now owned by Disney. This could explain why Netflix and Amazon have focused on producing Netflix Originals etc.

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #5
So what will happen to everyone who is currently subbed to Crunchyroll? Are they somehow going to transfer the accounts or will they force them to sign up again?. Anyhow, it sounds better than Disney and Netflix.

Ransomware is more about manipulating vulnerabilities in human psychology than the adversary’s technological sophistication.

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #6
(07-28-2019, 11:33 AM)Tracefl0w Wrote: So what will happen to everyone who is currently subbed to Crunchyroll? Are they somehow going to transfer the accounts or will they force them to sign up again?. Anyhow, it sounds better than Disney and Netflix.

(07-30-2019, 02:53 PM)Malcom Wrote: I don't prefer homosexuality, especially since it never meant to be "a thing". Because we people were made to continue the life of human beings.
When God created the people, he intended that they should have sex only within a marriage between man and woman

Genesis 1:27, 28

Code:
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Leviticus 18:22

Code:
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Proverbs 5:18, 19
Code:
Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.

I don't hate it as such when I see someone who's gay I would discriminate or flame at him. I just don't want to see them making out in public and stuff.

Not sure what you mean. Crunchyroll is still Crunchyroll. It's not going anywhere. It's just that they will let a small portion of their library be available on HBO too.

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #7
(07-30-2019, 08:07 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(07-28-2019, 11:33 AM)Tracefl0w Wrote: So what will happen to everyone who is currently subbed to Crunchyroll? Are they somehow going to transfer the accounts or will they force them to sign up again?. Anyhow, it sounds better than Disney and Netflix.

(07-30-2019, 02:53 PM)Malcom Wrote: I don't prefer homosexuality, especially since it never meant to be "a thing". Because we people were made to continue the life of human beings.
When God created the people, he intended that they should have sex only within a marriage between man and woman

Code:
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Code:
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Code:
Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.

I don't hate it as such when I see someone who's gay I would discriminate or flame at him. I just don't want to see them making out in public and stuff.

Not sure what you mean. Crunchyroll is still Crunchyroll. It's not going anywhere. It's just that they will let a small portion of their library be available on HBO too.
Is it just me or have you quoted a message from me from another thread? Lmao
As long as you are living, you will face problems. But you serve a God who solves problems.

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #8
(07-30-2019, 09:04 PM)Malcom Wrote:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Ha, wonder how that happened.

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post

RE: Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Join WarnerMedia's New HBO Max Streaming Service #9
(07-30-2019, 09:04 PM)Malcom Wrote:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Oops. Not quite sure how that's happened. I've been on mobile so perhaps that's how it happened? My bad lol!