chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Otaku Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting
Author
Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #1
Cowboy Bebop should be getting a Netflix Drama in the near future. Excited, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Quote:Cowboy Bebop is getting the live-action treatment an a Netflix original drama.

Produced by Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, the series has revealed the main cast for the show: John Cho as bounty hunter Spike Spiegel, Mustafa Shakir as his partner Jet Black, Daniella Pineda as criminal and fellow bounty hunter Faye, and Alex Hassell as antagonist Vicious.

Source: https://otakumode.com/news/5ca704c39c6a0...al-Casting!
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #2
It sounds very meh. I don't like live-action anime adaptations at all. They always bother me and they never get it right. What especially bothers me, is when a reaction is made. The actors try so desperately to get their reactions the same as in the anime, and that's not how it should be done. Anyways, I'd maybe watch it.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook bitch." ~ Filthy Franku

RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #3
Yeah hopefully netflix won't disappoint us unlike in my opinion the live action deathnote.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 05:55 PM by slothic. Edit Reason: spelling )
[Image: 1yEDa5A.gif]
2019-05-12

[+] 1 user Likes slothic's post

RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #4
(05-14-2019, 02:07 PM)Oni Wrote: Cowboy Bebop should be getting a Netflix Drama in the near future. Excited, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Quote:Cowboy Bebop is getting the live-action treatment an a Netflix original drama.

Produced by Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, the series has revealed the main cast for the show: John Cho as bounty hunter Spike Spiegel, Mustafa Shakir as his partner Jet Black, Daniella Pineda as criminal and fellow bounty hunter Faye, and Alex Hassell as antagonist Vicious.

The people they chose to cast with seem like very strange choices. This makes me fairly nervous about how the show will turn out. However, I did find some info elsewhere which has me interested:

Code:
The first two episodes are set to be directed by Alex Garcia Lopez (Marvel’s Daredevil and The Punisher, Netflix’s forthcoming The Witcher series). The pilot will be written by another person with some Marvel cred, Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok). And in case you’re worried about this reboot straying too far from the original anime (a legitimate concern), the director of the animated series, Shinichiro Watanabe, has signed on as a consultant.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #5
(05-14-2019, 05:42 PM)Drako Wrote: It sounds very meh. I don't like live-action anime adaptations at all. They always bother me and they never get it right. What especially bothers me, is when a reaction is made. The actors try so desperately to get their reactions the same as in the anime, and that's not how it should be done. Anyways, I'd maybe watch it.

Couldn't agree more. Netflix tends to ruin shows regardless (TPB, Arrested Development, etc). I do enjoy when animations are made, based off of original movies. It was done with 'The Matrix' and 'Riddick' and both were watchable.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 11:03 PM by Green Man.)

RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #6
(05-14-2019, 06:37 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 02:07 PM)Oni Wrote: Cowboy Bebop should be getting a Netflix Drama in the near future. Excited, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The people they chose to cast with seem like very strange choices. This makes me fairly nervous about how the show will turn out. However, I did find some info elsewhere which has me interested:

Code:
The first two episodes are set to be directed by Alex Garcia Lopez (Marvel’s Daredevil and The Punisher, Netflix’s forthcoming The Witcher series). The pilot will be written by another person with some Marvel cred, Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok). And in case you’re worried about this reboot straying too far from the original anime (a legitimate concern), the director of the animated series, Shinichiro Watanabe, has signed on as a consultant.

Given that Watanabe will consult with them, makes me more optimistic. That said, I can totally see it being a flop.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Cowbow Bebop - Netflix Drama Announces Initial Casting #7
(05-14-2019, 11:04 PM)Oni Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 06:37 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Code:

Given that Watanabe will consult with them, makes me more optimistic. That said, I can totally see it being a flop.

I'm also wondering... how on earth are they going to cast Ed?
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]