chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Offline Learning filter_list
Author
Hello! I now have a restriction on my laptop, check here if you wanna know a bit more: My gay wifi. I was wondering if anyone has a nice suggestion for an interactive way of learning python! Almost like a GUI program that teaches you, or something similar. Preferably free. If there isn't one out there, maybe it might be a good idea for someone here to maybe make one themselves, as I think it would sell great, or be used by many many people!   Wink Pretty much a program that is like this website http://learnpython.org/
I have some pdf's but I would like something almost like codecademy, but their services are shit. Its hard to learn from them, and their material is wrong/outdated.
Thanks in advanced! I will still reply tho.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 03:14 AM by Synthx.)
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif]
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Offline Learning #2
You can always download static webpages.

Find random python tutorials, right click on page and click "save as".

I used to have a collection of these.

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

[+] 2 users Like Blink's post

RE: Offline Learning #3
Well, I was wanting to do that with learnpython.org, but there are so many different pages that each lesson is on, as I doubt it would save them, and it saves the html including the links.
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Offline Learning #4
You could always get some books. I know some people that started learning via pen/paper.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Offline Learning #5
Is your home the only point of Internet access?

If not and you can access the net for a short period from a friend's house or school, you can download a heap of eBooks and study offline thereafter.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Offline Learning #6
On Windows, at least, both major versions (2 and 3) come with the documentation site compiled into a single file, which itself contains a tutorial. You can find it in the Doc directory of your Python install.

Spoiler: tutorial page
[Image: 1780979f66444d769fa0d361af0af92d.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 06:20 AM by Inori.)

RE: Offline Learning #7
I just like @Ender said save the webpage and downloading ebooks.
And If I had questions I will ask it here, Discord, or on stackoverflow.
And I use videos so bit If I need video on internet I will download it and watching it offline because I can't start coding while I'm online Smile

RE: Offline Learning #8
(02-17-2017, 06:18 AM)Inori Wrote: On Windows, at least, both major versions (2 and 3) come with the documentation site compiled into a single file, which itself contains a tutorial. You can find it in the Doc directory of your Python install.

documentation files not for beginner I think.

RE: Offline Learning #9
(02-17-2017, 11:42 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 06:18 AM)Inori Wrote: On Windows, at least, both major versions (2 and 3) come with the documentation site compiled into a single file, which itself contains a tutorial. You can find it in the Doc directory of your Python install.

documentation files not for beginner I think.

The module docs aren't, but the included tutorial is

RE: Offline Learning #10
Well, I went and got the documentation from the official python website, and I also have a good amount of ebooks, I even asked someone how they learned, and he gave me a good pdf. I think I am set on learning for now! Thanks for all your support and feedback! Biggrin
#yellowheartsforsarah