chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list NEW COMPUTER NEEDED!
Author
I'm needing a new computer as this 2015 mac book air is not holding up to pen testing, VM and VBs.

Also it lacks the space I need.

Any ideas? (I will be getting the item for free any price is fine)

Thanks,

Copscalld
[Image: 30gP9.gif]

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #2
For free? Well, you could go all out and get those fancy nvidia titans Wink
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #3
Given you have the MacBook Air, I assume you wouldn't mind a laptop.

On the grounds that cost Isn't an Issue, I recommend an Acer Predator, namely this. It'll chew just about anything you throw at It.

The benchmark speaks for Itself:
Spoiler:
[Image: 6BntXux.png]

I have six Predators In total- two with the exact same specs as the link above, and the others a little less (running 16GB of Ram and the GTX 1060). They're the best Investment I've made.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #4
(02-02-2018, 05:59 AM)mothered Wrote: Given you have the MacBook Air, I assume you wouldn't mind a laptop.

On the grounds that cost Isn't an Issue, I recommend an Acer Predator, namely this. It'll chew just about anything you throw at It.

Spoiler:

I have six Predators In total- two with the exact same specs as the link above, and the others a little less (running 16GB of Ram and the GTX 1060). They're the best Investment I've made.

May I ask why you have 6 of these laptops? Anyway, if you haven't decided yet, you could go with a Asus laptop. I personally have one as well, not sure what model but it has a GTX 1050 Ti, 16GB RAM and i7 7700HQ processor. Does the job very well, I use virtual machines on a daily base as well so. But I suggest getting a GTX 1060 though.

However, you could also just buy (or SE) computer components and build a PC for 1.5k with a i7 7700k, GTX 1060 6GB and other stuff depending on what you spend on a cooler and stuff
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 10:30 PM by Skryptec.)
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #5
(02-06-2018, 10:29 PM)Skryptec Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 05:59 AM)mothered Wrote: Given you have the MacBook Air, I assume you wouldn't mind a laptop.

Spoiler:

May I ask why you have 6 of these laptops?

You certainly may.

They're all dedicated to their tasks, such as running simultaneous VMs on one, Malware lab setup on the other, another Is a test system (physical Host), IDS/IPS setup on another, the one I'm typing this post Is solely for this board and nothing else, and the last Is for all my hacking needs.

Due to my diverse array of computing, It's Imperative I operate In suitable environment.

[+] 2 users Like mothered's post

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #6
(02-06-2018, 11:55 PM)mothered Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 10:29 PM)Skryptec Wrote:

Spoiler:

May I ask why you have 6 of these laptops?

You certainly may.

They're all dedicated to their tasks, such as running simultaneous VMs on one, Malware lab setup on the other, another Is a test system (physical Host), IDS/IPS setup on another, the one I'm typing this post Is solely for this board and nothing else, and the last Is for all my hacking needs.

Due to my diverse array of computing, It's Imperative I operate In suitable environment.

I remember you telling us you were getting those. That's some impressive use... although, you have one of those beasts for just SL!?

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly-chan's post

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #7
(02-07-2018, 12:01 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:55 PM)mothered Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 10:29 PM)Skryptec Wrote: May I ask why you have 6 of these laptops?

You certainly may.

I remember you telling us you were getting those. That's some impressive use... although, you have one of those beasts for just SL!?

Yes, I also use a Predator solely for this board.

Running lappies with a minimum of 16GB of Ram (two of which have 32 GB) SSDs and quad cores, Is well worth the money spent.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: NEW COMPUTER NEEDED! #8
(02-07-2018, 12:10 AM)mothered Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 12:01 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:55 PM)mothered Wrote: You certainly may.

Yes, I also use a Predator solely for this board.

Running lappies with a minimum of 16GB of Ram (two of which have 32 GB) SSDs and quad cores, Is well worth the money spent.

That's pretty awesome. I can't say I can claim I have a machine only for SL.