chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

filter_list My computer is being shitty
Author
@mothered can you help with this?

RE: My computer is being shitty #12
The only solution I am aware of is to reformat. If you upgraded a licensed copy of Windows 7 using the update this PC option, then your PC is validated. I do not understand the receiving a code by phone option and how that relates to having a windows 7 disc. You need to get to another PC and create a bookable Windows 10 USB or ISO and reformat. In order to have the USB boot, you may have to enter the bios and change the boot order so that USB is 1st.
Who Knows?

My computer is being shitty #13
(01-08-2017, 03:07 AM)Zenith Wrote: The only solution I am aware of is to reformat. If you upgraded a licensed copy of Windows 7 using the update this PC option, then your PC is validated. I do not understand the receiving a code by phone option and how that relates to having a windows 7 disc. You need to get to another PC and create a bookable Windows 10 USB or ISO and reformat. In order to have the USB boot, you may have to enter the bios and change the boot order so that USB is 1st.

I can't access bios cause screen is broken

RE: My computer is being shitty #14
(01-08-2017, 03:18 AM)P1L0T Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 03:07 AM)Zenith Wrote: The only solution I am aware of is to reformat. If you upgraded a licensed copy of Windows 7 using the update this PC option, then your PC is validated. I do not understand the receiving a code by phone option and how that relates to having a windows 7 disc. You need to get to another PC and create a bookable Windows 10 USB or ISO and reformat. In order to have the USB boot, you may have to enter the bios and change the boot order so that USB is 1st.

Assuming its a Timeline U, just spam the F2 button and hopefully it should launch BIOS, even on the monitor. Otherwise, if the device isn't in warranty, then crack it open and unplug the cord to the LCD, had an HP computer that wouldn't even show up on external monitor until I did that.
You can find me on Keybase
"Reach the state of ubiquity, and you will be in control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
[Image: 8y6vps.png]

[+] 2 users Like zorrophreak's post

My computer is being shitty #15
(01-08-2017, 03:40 AM)zorrophreak Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 03:18 AM)P1L0T Wrote:

Assuming its a Timeline U, just spam the F2 button and hopefully it should launch BIOS, even on the monitor. Otherwise, if the device isn't in warranty, then crack it open and unplug the cord to the LCD, had an HP computer that wouldn't even show up on external monitor until I did that.

Ok Ina try that thanks!

RE: My computer is being shitty #16
man, how the screen broken?
Even, if there wasn't system on your computer BIOS should start.

RE: My computer is being shitty #17
(01-08-2017, 03:18 AM)P1L0T Wrote: I can't access bios cause screen is broken

I'm not following here.

What's the screen got to do with accessing the BIOS? You mean you can't "see" how to access the BIOS, correct? If so, disconnect your lappy screen altogether, thus allowing It to work directly off the external monitor. It seems like It's not Identifying the external monitor, therefore not displaying the BIOS.

My computer is being shitty #18
(01-08-2017, 07:30 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote: man, how the screen broken?

I was using it on my bed... And I left to go cook food and my foot caught on the charger cord and yanked it off the bed, cracking the screen

RE: My computer is being shitty #19
(01-08-2017, 08:17 AM)P1L0T Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 07:30 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote: man, how the screen broken?

I was using it on my bed... And I left to go cook food and my foot caught on the charger cord and yanked it off the bed, cracking the screen

Cool Smile you made me to laugh

RE: My computer is being shitty #20
Install linux you cuck