chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My computer is becoming autoimmune! filter_list
Author
Help!

I just did a Windows refresh, as my AV hates me.

It all started yesterday, when my landlord decided to switch network provider. Having no Internet connection, AVG completely freaked out and decided that my entire Sys32 folder was an entire cocktail of different types of malware, and goes all hostile on it. Being affected by the morning-tiredness any reasonable human being is; I clicked past all its prompts, and evidently clicked "remove threats".
So, all in all I had the structure of my system blown to bits by an exaggeratedly stupid fucking piece of disgusting, repelling software.

Does anyone have any idea on what possibly could have caused this?
Also, I'm now seriously considering switching from AVG to something (read: anything) else. Any suggestions?

EDIT: On further thought, I guess Windows is malware Tongue
[Image: R5aCcWV.png]

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #2
(11-17-2014, 10:23 PM)Cressi Wrote: Help!

I just did a Windows refresh, as my AV hates me.

It all started yesterday, when my landlord decided to switch network provider. Having no Internet connection, AVG completely freaked out and decided that my entire Sys32 folder was an entire cocktail of different types of malware, and goes all hostile on it. Being affected by the morning-tiredness any reasonable human being is; I clicked past all its prompts, and evidently clicked "remove threats".
So, all in all I had the structure of my system blown to bits by an exaggeratedly stupid fucking piece of disgusting, repelling software.

Does anyone have any idea on what possibly could have caused this?
Also, I'm now seriously considering switching from AVG to something (read: anything) else. Any suggestions?

EDIT: On further thought, I guess Windows is malware Tongue

That sucks I personally don't use any anti virus / malware. So I wouldn't know :3.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #3
(11-17-2014, 10:33 PM)Alex Wrote: That sucks I personally don't use any anti virus / malware. So I wouldn't know :3.

You don't? I don't either on my Linux system, but Windows without AV is like a house without...locks Tongue

It's getting back on track ever so slowly, but I'm mostly disturbed because I had Adobe software for around £500 plus CC...

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #4
Don't go with Avast.
I think I saw free premium anti-virus software somewhere on here. If I find it, i'll let you know.
It was nice knowing you all <3

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #5
(11-17-2014, 10:49 PM)PsYCHO Wrote: Don't go with Avast.
I think I saw free premium anti-virus software somewhere on here. If I find it, i'll let you know.

Wouldn't dream of it Tongue

Well, I'm looking to actually buy a premium version, if I'm going for it Tongue ...but thanks a bunch, Psych ^^

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #6
Not a problem, Cressi! I've missed you since the downtime ;_;
It was nice knowing you all <3

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #7
Weird. I've never heard of AVG attacking itself like this. Ever. I've used AVG for multiple years now and it's worked prefectly.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #8
(11-17-2014, 10:52 PM)PsYCHO Wrote: Not a problem, Cressi! I've missed you since the downtime ;_;

Aaw, thanks ^.^ I'd Skype with you right now if I, well, had Skype installed...
PM if you're online tomorrow or so ^^

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #9
I am surprised anyone uses AVG at all. AVG has been know to do stuff like this a lot. I suggest that you switch to ESET if you have the money (or get it illegaly), as well as getting AVG PC Tune Up, this is the one AVG program that is not very screwy. If you would rather not pay for ESET, as it is pretty pricey, then you should go with Avast!, though it will install Chrome without your permission, so you might want to keep an eye on it while it is installing.
Please do not hate me. I am an insane sadist, I hate humans by default, but I try to be nice. I am new to computers and programming.

Why do you people hate me when all I do is try to help? Just because you do not understand me does not mean you should hate me.

RE: My computer is becoming autoimmune! #10
(11-17-2014, 10:55 PM)ShawnReynolds Wrote: I am surprised anyone uses AVG at all. AVG has been know to do stuff like this a lot. I suggest that you switch to ESET if you have the money (or get it illegaly), as well as getting AVG PC Tune Up, this is the one AVG program that is not very screwy. If you would rather not pay for ESET, as it is pretty pricey, then you should go with Avast!, though it will install Chrome without your permission, so you might want to keep an eye on it while it is installing.

Well, yeah, but I like the interface...
Hmm, I'll definitely check it out, thanks ^^

I've tried Avast!, and it wasn't that bad. I'll compare the two for now ^^ Thank you!