chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mac Folder Locker filter_list
Author
Folder Locker
Hello! I am new to python, and I made a little project called Folder Locker. I spent about 4 hours woking on it. I started off with only knowing input, print, if, elif, and else. I then got my way up to assigning a variable at the beginning of the file for e.x. making it to where I only have to put the version number in one place instead of multiple. I just needed something to do for fun cus I was bored, I hope you like it.
Check it out here!
UPDATE
-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-

I am currently adding where you will pick what folder you want to hide. E.T.A.: 2/24/17 <-- may be before!
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017, 05:21 PM by Synthx.)
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif]
#yellowheartsforsarah

[+] 1 user Likes Synthx's post

RE: Mac Folder Locker #2
i'll try out your script mate. good share

------------------------.sql

lil bobby tbls bitch!

RE: Mac Folder Locker #3
Looks nice man, one question though. Are you storing the password in plaintext? It seems that way.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: Mac Folder Locker #4
(02-22-2017, 12:56 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Looks nice man, one question though. Are you storing the password in plaintext? It seems that way.

Yes, as I am new to python. When I get a bit more advanced, I will upgrade, it hides the txt file every single time the script is ran, just incase!
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Mac Folder Locker #5
(02-22-2017, 04:07 AM)Synthx Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 12:56 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Looks nice man, one question though. Are you storing the password in plaintext? It seems that way.

Yes, as I am new to python. When I get a bit more advanced, I will upgrade, it hides the txt file every single time the script is ran, just incase!

Bad idea. You should hash it (salt comes later) and compare to hash, not too hard.

Everyone has to start somewhere though, the easiest way to learn a language imo is to do a project in it. Add hashed passwords and features, continue building up until you feel it is finished, then move on to a new project.

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

RE: Mac Folder Locker #6
(02-22-2017, 07:02 AM)Ender Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 04:07 AM)Synthx Wrote:

Bad idea. You should hash it (salt comes later) and compare to hash, not too hard.

Everyone has to start somewhere though, the easiest way to learn a language imo is to do a project in it. Add hashed passwords and features, continue building up until you feel it is finished, then move on to a new project.

Yeah, I know, this was just a starter project that came from a small snippet from the PDF im reading.
This was in the pdf, and it sparked the idea for me to make the folder locker, I legit stopped when I saw this, which was from page 1 or 2, and started coding, I got the vast majority done before asking about stuff like clear screen, and exit, and def Main():
Code:
passwordFile = open('SecretPasswordFile.txt')
secretPassword = passwordFile.read()
print('Enter your password.')
typedPassword = input()
if typedPassword == secretPassword:
  print('Access granted')
elif typedPassword == '12345':
  print('That password is one that an idiot puts on their luggage.')
else:
  print('Access denied')
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 08:26 AM by Synthx.)
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Mac Folder Locker #7
(02-22-2017, 07:02 AM)Ender Wrote: Bad idea.  You should hash it (salt comes later) and compare to hash, not too hard.

Everyone has to start somewhere though, the easiest way to learn a language imo is to do a project in it.  Add hashed passwords and features, continue building up until you feel it is finished, then move on to a new project.

Perfectly said.

I was going to mention hashing, but you've nailed It.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Mac Folder Locker #8
I added a small change to the code to lower the file size. Check the pull request.

(02-21-2017, 07:16 PM)Synthx Wrote:
Folder Locker
Hello! I am new to python, and I made a little project called Folder Locker. I spent about 4 hours woking on it. I started off with only knowing input, print, if, elif, and else. I then got my way up to assigning a variable at the beginning of the file for e.x. making it to where I only have to put the version number in one place instead of multiple. I just needed something to do for fun cus I was bored, I hope you like it.
Check it out here!
Discord: johnathon#3075

RE: Mac Folder Locker #9
(02-22-2017, 04:28 PM)johnathon Wrote: I added a small change to the code to lower the file size. Check the pull request.

(02-21-2017, 07:16 PM)Synthx Wrote:
Folder Locker
Check it out here!

oh wow, that's so useful, I like that a lot, wow, I will definitely use that from now on! thanks for that!
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Mac Folder Locker #10
Thanks very much for this!