chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Lunar Recruitment and info thread filter_list
Author
So, Lunar needed a rebrand. "Media" was admittedly a little too broad for a topic, so I've decided to move the focus more towards technology. On to the memo, then.

What we cover

Technology can be a pretty ambiguous term, especially on a tech forum, so here's a list of things we cover.
Bear in mind, these aren't restrictions so much as guidelines and ideas.
  • Hardware
  • Operating systems
  • Desktop customization
  • Software (pertinent to other topics)
  • Mobile customization
  • Rooting/jailbreaking

What we don't cover

Since moving away from the previous lack of focus is the goal of this update, I do have some topics that shouldn't be affiliated with Lunar.
If there isn't a group for it on SL already, there probably will be in the near future.
  • Gaming
  • Programming
  • Networking
  • Unrelated software
  • Entertainment

Requirements

The requirements to apply are listed below. I'm willing to be somewhat lenient with the time-related ones, but the rest are more or less concrete.
  • 4 months registered
  • 2 days online
  • 500 posts
  • Silver upgraded
  • 25 rep

Application

I'm ditching the spreadsheet thing I had going in the last thread and sticking to the standard. Fill out the following and reply to this thread to apply.
Code:
[b][color=#edffff]Do you meet all the requirements? : [/color][/b]
[b][color=#edffff]What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy? : [/color][/b]
[b][color=#edffff]How would the group and forum benefit from your addition? : [/color][/b]
[b][color=#edffff]Why do you want to be in Lunar? : [/color][/b]

Past members

Before posting this, I removed a bunch of inactive members from the group. We still don't have a post quota, but activity is necessary.
That said, you're welcome to re-apply if you meet the new requirements.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2017, 04:01 AM by Inori.)

RE: Recruitment and info thread #2
I thought that talk about series/movies and that kind of stuff also belonged to Lunar. I had it completely wrong than. Nice to have new guidelines. Will try to post some more for Lunar soon, when I'm less busy.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: Recruitment and info thread #3
Do you meet all the requirements? :
Yup

What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy? :
All of them, rated 0-10 below:
Operating Systems (9), Customization/Theming (8), Rooting/Jailbreaking (6), Hardware (Can't rate, too broad), Software (I like open source stuff, but can't rate overall)

How would the group and forum benefit from your addition? :
Both would gain contributions from me, as I am interested and knowledgeable in pretty much all of the subjects. This allows me to post on things that I enjoy and know a lot about.

Why do you want to be in Lunar? :
I didn't see the re-branding until now, nice choice! (still a bit broad though)
I enjoy the subjects that the group is centered around, and would like to be in a group that matches my interests.

PS: @Inori This might turn into a group for all the people that can't make it into IDE, you should watch out for that. Also, you should capitalize the first word in the questions.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2017, 06:45 AM by Blink.)

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

RE: Recruitment and info thread #4
Do you meet all the requirements?
Very much so.
What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy?
Hardware, Software and Operating Systems.
How would the group and forum benefit from your addition?
I like to contribute and I am heavily active.
Why do you want to be in Lunar?
So I can talk about Debian Distros and make @Ender squirm(jkin), Looks like my kind of group.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 07:27 AM by Ecks.)
[Image: tm06mQ3.gif]
If my threads help you feel free to Like and Rep
Keybase | https://keybase.io/ecks  ProtonMail | n3r0nu77@protonmail.com  Steam | Nu77v47u3  Discord | Ecks#2162

RE: Recruitment and info thread #5
Cool to see a group like this not centered around programming. I kinda liked the old Lunar style too, but applying regardless.

Absolutely
Hardware discussion. OS alternative and concept type stuff. Rooting/jailbreaking. Of course the others just not as specifically.
I will be able to push information regarding new releases and cool new development projects. I also try to be quite active and am becoming more active as time goes on.
I have seen it around and with the rebrand and changes in content, I believe it will be pretty fitting for me to be a part of it.
You can find me on Keybase
"Reach the state of ubiquity, and you will be in control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
[Image: 8y6vps.png]

RE: Recruitment and info thread #6
(06-17-2017, 07:26 AM)Ecks Wrote: Do you meet all the requirements?
Very much so.
What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy?
Hardware, Software and Operating Systems.
How would the group and forum benefit from your addition?
I like to contribute and I am heavily active.
Why do you want to be in Lunar?
So I can talk about Debian Distros and make @Ender squirm(jkin), Looks like my kind of group.

(06-17-2017, 04:36 PM)zorrophreak Wrote: Cool to see a group like this not centered around programming. I kinda liked the old Lunar style too, but applying regardless.

Absolutely
Hardware discussion. OS alternative and concept type stuff. Rooting/jailbreaking. Of course the others just not as specifically.
I will be able to push information regarding new releases and cool new development projects. I also try to be quite active and am becoming more active as time goes on.
I have seen it around and with the rebrand and changes in content, I believe it will be pretty fitting for me to be a part of it.

Welcome aboard, you two Biggrin

RE: Recruitment and info thread #7
Do you meet all the requirements? : Yes I do(Now that some of them were trimmed) as I have checked all and think I pass them
What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy? : Jailbreaking, Rooting, Desktop Customization, and Software
How would the group and forum benefit from your addition? : It will help me show people my hobbies and what I like specifically
Why do you want to be in Lunar? : I looked through all the user groups and in my head I thought of them as groupings for your hobbies instead of a club. First I joined otaku because I love anime and then I waited to join this one as it has almost all my hobbies besides gaming and of course anime. I will be able to meet other people with similar hobbies and learn new things about hardware as well.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 03:30 AM by SuperNinja.)

RE: Recruitment and info thread #8
@Inori -- mentioning to draw attention

Do you meet all the requirements? : Aw yell yah
What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy? : I think this one speaks for itself. I don't want to act arrogantly, so I'll keep it short with hardware, OS, software, and jailbreaking
How would the group and forum benefit from your addition? : Assuming this group is still active, we could all work together to piece up some great threads to the forum
Why do you want to be in Lunar? : This goes hand in hand with the above question, I'd like to help with whatever I can.

[+] 2 users Like phyrrus9's post

RE: Recruitment and info thread #9
(10-13-2017, 11:09 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: @Inori -- mentioning to draw attention

Do you meet all the requirements? : Aw yell yah
What Lunar-related topics do you enjoy? : I think this one speaks for itself. I don't want to act arrogantly, so I'll keep it short with hardware, OS, software, and jailbreaking
How would the group and forum benefit from your addition? : Assuming this group is still active, we could all work together to piece up some great threads to the forum
Why do you want to be in Lunar? : This goes hand in hand with the above question, I'd like to help with whatever I can.

I was wondering when you'd apply Tongue Welcome to the crew!

[+] 2 users Like Inori's post

RE: Recruitment and info thread #10
Yes I do!
Jail breaking / rooting and mobile customisation. I have began my journey down the OS paths that don't include windows and Apple iOS recently and enjoy the conversations with members here and learning about that as well.

I have been rooting and jailbreaking phones for years. I line the rooted android devices advancements and would like to help those in need. As well as general conversations and learning about the topics listed as well.

I've wanted to join since I've learned about it a few years back. I applied on two separate occasions but didn't meet one of the requirements at the time.
@Skullmeat @phyrrus9 @Bish0pQ @mr.kurd and @ender are my best friends on SL

[+] 2 users Like Slacker's post