chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum filter_list
Author
Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #1
Quote:Tumor cells that spread cancer via the bloodstream face a new foe: a laser beam, shined from outside the skin, that finds and kills these metastatic little demons on the spot.

In a study published today in Science Translational Medicine, researchers revealed that their system accurately detected these cells in 27 out of 28 people with cancer, with a sensitivity that is about 1,000 times better than current technology. That’s an achievement in itself, but the research team was also able to kill a high percentage of the cancer-spreading cells, in real time, as they raced through the veins of the participants.

Link: https://spectrum.ieee.org/the-human-os/b...-the-blood

[+] 1 user Likes skeeba's post

RE: Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #2
El cáncer es curable si se detectaba tiempo, la ciencia ha avanzado mucho en investigaciones contra el cancer...

RE: Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #3
Cancer will come back if you don't change your diet, lifestyle, living conditions, mental health and more. Removing cancer cells is only a temporary solution, sooner or later it will spread to a place where it can't be removed and cause serious damages, such as the brain.
If you want to try mining crypto and get paid in btc: NiceHash
Currently the fastest, most rewarding browser with build in adblocker and tor: Brave

RE: Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #4
It's awesome to see more breakthroughs in cancer research like this. My Grandfather died of leukemia, and my Mother had Melanoma, so it's important to me and many other people. A while back I also saw another type of laser that could destroy skin cancer.
[Image: tumblr_n4fsswcwZa1sbhzgao1_250.gif]

"Crack it open, throw it in a pan and let it cook." ~ Filthy Frank

RE: Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #5
Pew, pew, pew! Take that, Cancer!

Ransomware is more about manipulating vulnerabilities in human psychology than the adversary’s technological sophistication.

RE: Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #6
Although around 6 weeks old, this Is excellent news.

I do hope they find a cure for all types of cancer, a lot sooner than later.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Laser Destroys Cancer Cells Circulating in the Blood -- IEEE Spectrum #7
amazing, simply amazing this tech needs to get out there