chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore?
Author
I tried few months ago to make keylogger autorun on USB by putting autorun.inf file in it with some code
Code:
[autorun]
;Open=KLogger.exe
ShellExecute=KLogger.exe
UseAutoPlay=1
Also i've been trying similar codes, but none worked. I was googling and found out that Microsoft removed this function as it can be misused.

Yet, there are people that succeded doing this, but there is much work/you need special USB and software, nvm, it's long & hard work.

Is there any simple and fast way to make USB open file from itself after it's been plugged?

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #2
I'm not sure about this but i think nop there's no easy way to do it.

[+] 1 user Likes Vi-Sion's post

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #3
(01-09-2017, 05:14 PM)Vi-Sion Wrote: I'm not sure about this but i think nop there's no easy way to do it.

Yeah, i think same...

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #4
Everybody has autorun.inf disabled.
There was even an update for WinXP and up witch makes Autorun disabled by default.
[Image: 9H83e18.png]

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #5
Doesn't work anymore.

You can try BadUSB, a USB Rubber Ducky or a DIY Arduino Rubber Ducky-style attack as alternatives.
+++++++++[>++++++++++>>++++++++++<<<-]>+>>+++<<<++++[>>++++++++++>>++++++++++>++++++++++<<<<<-]>>+++++>>+++>++++++[<<<<<,[>>>>.<<<<-]>>>>>.<<<<.>.>.>>]

[Image: kphlxb.jpg]

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #6
https://hakshop.com/products/usb-rubber-ducky-deluxe

cut some out of the paycheck and cop it

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #7
@Inori, @insidious, @pyhrrus9, would this something be for IDE to work on? Don't know if this would be too easy for you guys, but maybe we could create this?

@OP They indeed disabled autorun for the exact reason you want to use it for. You got alternative USB's like Ender told but as far as I know there's no way to "force" enable it yet.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 11:08 AM by Bish0pQ.)
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

[+] 1 user Likes Bish0pQ's post

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #8
Currently the only way to execute tasks on a machine using an USB-drive is using an BadUSB, or targetting a very old computer that still supports this.
All computers now-a-days have basically 'patched' this.

EDIT:
Although; I've been thinking though, if you're planning on doing USB-dropping, to social engineer to open a infected file.

Really silly example:
When targeting students or a student at a school, you could create two files:
  • finals_enc_001.bin
  • finals_enc_002.bin
  • decrypt_db.exe

The student will likely click on the 'decrypt_db.exe' file, depending his stupitidy and knowledge in computers.

If anyone has a different opinion on this, please don't hesitate to tell me your opinion.

/Prankd
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 07:49 PM by prankd.)

[+] 1 user Likes prankd's post

RE: Is USB autorun.inf possible anymore? #9
(01-12-2017, 07:45 PM)prankd Wrote: Currently the only way to execute tasks on a machine using an USB-drive is using an BadUSB, or targetting a very old computer that still supports this.
All computers now-a-days have basically 'patched' this.

EDIT:
Although; I've been thinking though, if you're planning on doing USB-dropping, to social engineer to open a infected file.

Really silly example:
When targeting students or a student at a school, you could create two files:
  • finals_enc_001.bin
  • finals_enc_002.bin
  • decrypt_db.exe

The student will likely click on the 'decrypt_db.exe' file, depending his stupitidy and knowledge in computers.

If anyone has a different opinion on this, please don't hesitate to tell me your opinion.

/Prankd

That's cool idea, i should try it! lol

[+] 1 user Likes Cyb3rNuX's post