chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Installing on drive D
Author
hi guys, say i have an ssd for OS only ©, and an HDD (D) for all my applications, how would i set this up? is it ok to install on drive D? are there pros and cons ? thanks Smile

RE: Installing on drive D #2
(06-13-2018, 07:18 AM)Xenpai Wrote: hi guys, say i have an ssd for OS only ©, and an HDD (D) for all my applications, how would i set this up? is it ok to install on drive D? are there pros and cons ? thanks Smile

It is okay to install programs to drive D but if drive D(your HDD) is not mounted/connected, any programs installed to there would not function. If you are using a laptop, you can buy an Optical Drive Caddy(be sure to find the right size) that way you can have two hard drives installed. One where your OS is installed and one for all your backups.

I suggest that you install programs into drive C instead of drive D however.

RE: Installing on drive D #3
(06-13-2018, 09:01 AM)Asura Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 07:18 AM)Xenpai Wrote: hi guys, say i have an ssd for OS only ©, and an HDD (D) for all my applications, how would i set this up? is it ok to install on drive D? are there pros and cons ? thanks Smile

It is okay to install programs to drive D but if drive D(your HDD) is not mounted/connected, any programs installed to there would not function. If you are using a laptop, you can buy an Optical Drive Caddy(be sure to find the right size) that way you can have two hard drives installed. One where your OS is installed and one for all your backups.

thankss
how do i mount/connect it? and yes im planning to install the default programs like ms office to C, but for games and such, if possible i want it all on drive D.

RE: Installing on drive D #4
(06-13-2018, 07:18 AM)Xenpai Wrote: say i have an ssd for OS only ©, and an HDD (D) for all my applications, how would i set this up? is it ok to install on drive D?

Upon executing applications during the Installation process, simply browse to your preferred directory and Install thereafter.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Installing on drive D #5
I Don't think it makes any difference ,but be sure if you format your C most of the programs installed on D won't work and you'll have to reinstall them .
So it does not make any difference .in my opinion.

Everyone should learn how to code, it teaches you how to think.

You don't have to be a Genius to know how to code you just need to be determined.

The computer is incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid; man is unbelievably slow, inaccurate, and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination.

RE: Installing on drive D #6
I've Installed quite a few applications on my other (Internal) HDD but to avoid Issues, It's best to Install applications In their default directories, on the same drive as the OS.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Installing on drive D #7
(06-13-2018, 09:10 AM)Xenpai Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 09:01 AM)Asura Wrote:

thankss
how do i mount/connect it? and yes im planning to install the default programs like ms office to C, but for games and such, if possible i want it all on drive D.

You can install the games on drive D but you would need the hard drive to be connected/mounted whenever you want to play games. To connect/mount the hard drive, you need those SATA adapters, or an enclosure that way your HDD has a case, or a caddy (which will replace your CD player) if you plan to keep your HDD mounted all the time.